GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brex buddy got them for me

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Nice! Here they are. First one is for the parking lights. The second is for license plate I guess :)
It wasn't the same manufacturer though. These are from Maxlux.

http://www.xenonkungen.com/en/art/w5w-canbus-led-2xsmd.php
25,40$

http://www.xenonkungen.com/en/art/36mm-canbus-festoon-12xsmd.php
16,30$

Just ordered one set of each, with shipping to Swedish address it was 425 SEK (paypal converted that to USD $55.95).
My friends fly to US on Sunday 14-Jun, we work a trade show together (in Orlando this year).
I should have the bulbs back at my home Sunday 21-Jun.

BTW We semi-regularly ship items from Sweden to the US, so I will have a conduit to bring in more if need be.
Thought I would mount up a set, test and photograph. If they perform to expectations, maybe I can organize a group buy ...

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Thanks for all the helpful info :thumbup:. Hmm, I removed my sidemarker bulbs though :frown:... I was hoping to just run LEDs for parking lights.
missed part of that earlier ...

With the front side markers removed, you can use the Brex W5W, the Maxlux W5W, the Ziza W5W, or add a resistor with a standard LED.

At the end of the day, I have not been very pleased with any W5W LED replacement I have found so far, although I hear good things about the Brex and am interested to see how the Maxlux perform. In general, when you examine the shape, radiating angles and position of the original filament as it relates to the base, then compare that to the LED replacements, they are typically dramcally different. Reflectors and lens designs have been computer optimized for decades. In many cases moving the light emission position even 1/32" degrades reflector and lens performance. Festoon fixtures tend to be least sensitive to these issues. Wedge bulb (W5W) fixtures seem to be far more sensitive.

I'll play around with non-essential interior lights - exterior I am far more cautious :iono:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
No problem hehe. Good point... yeah. :bellyroll:

eddie1681

Ready to race!
how did you guys remove the bulb holder of the city lights?

I tried to do it, but not much space

do you turn it and pull or just pull

Thanks

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
how did you guys remove the bulb holder of the city lights?

I tried to do it, but not much space

do you turn it and pull or just pull

Thanks

Just pull... it's like a rubber cap thingy kind of like the sidemarkers.

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
funky_chilli, I haven't used them for the license plate, only as parking light.

thanks anyway riggley :) still interested in ur pics for the front!

Thought I would mount up a set, test and photograph. If they perform to expectations, maybe I can organize a group buy ...

waiting for this :) keep us in the loop mate!
even if u just added a couple of bucks on top of each set, reckon u could make a mint selling plugin LED's that work without resistors front and back! :thumbsup:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
cool thanks

Np :smile:

thanks anyway riggley :) still interested in ur pics for the front!

waiting for this :) keep us in the loop mate!
even if u just added a couple of bucks on top of each set, reckon u could make a mint selling plugin LED's that work without resistors front and back! :thumbsup:

x2 :w00t:

eddie1681

Ready to race!
Here is some pictures I have took after the install of the Brex Led

They are really easy to install, they fit well

I have read that some others need tape or glue to make sure the bulbs don't fall out, not in this product it fits perfectly tight

Front City light Led

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Looks good! Where did you order them from? You're not in the U.S. right?

funky_chilli

Go Kart Champion
He said it cost him 40 bucks a set

nice! do u reckon he could get me some? haha j/k!!

did u get the ones for the license plate as well?

*edit* re-read the thread and not only am i blind but i'm also dumb! u even have pictures of them in ur license plate!
oh well sent u a PM! thnx!! :cool: