GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV 100K club!!!

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI

Hit 200k earlier last month.

I love seeing this, I'm right at 160k in my '08.5. I've been K04 since 71K miles. I just bought a water/meth kit for it too.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
If my MKV is still alive it's got to be over 200k by now. I sold it with almost 140k over 3 years ago. My 2013 FR-S is already at 115k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apollosfury

designeddwk
173k and still running strong.

Zach L

VR junkie
100375k and just threw two codes that are sadly resulting in $1500 in repairs... I guess the first owner doesnt want to spend $50 for a cam follower
So you have been driving the car without replacing or checking the cam follower before or even since you purchased it. How is that the fault of the previous owner?

Also, that's over 12 million miles each year!! By far the longest I've seen any cam follower last!

ttdriver

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got the car a week ago and there were no codes....

i just got my intake cam, hpfp, and cf all replaced n/c at my local dealership all under the warranty extension which is good up to 120,000 miles. i was at 119,500 when i rolled in for a dsg flush and while i vaguely knew of the cf/lobe issues, i never gave it a second thought since getting the car a cpl years back and hadn't even checked my follower ( negligent..bzzzzt..will do moving forward duh )

my point is.. why dont you see if vw will honor the warranty extension for your cf issue(s)? by now a it's pretty straightforward issue and response from VOA if you have the needed "low fuel" rail(?) codes or a damaged follower. it would've been a $2k+ job but for the warranty extension, ..thankfully! all covered.

i'm just pissed they wouldn't let me do the timing belt at the same time since it was being "opened" anyway.. but they wanted an extra $1350.00! i cant believe what dealers try to pull. the timing belt replacement kit parts from THEM were $750+ while i can source them myself all for about $325.00 incl WP and T-Stat etc. hell, they even throw in the loctite and g13! ( dealers... sheesh )

at least they told me about the warranty extension. talk about lucky! i had 500 miles left to go before the "extension" expired!

now i still gotta do the t belt somewhere else. :rolleyes:

/rant off..sorry.

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
i just got my intake cam, hpfp, and cf all replaced n/c at my local dealership all under the warranty extension which is good up to 120,000 miles. i was at 119,500 when i rolled in for a dsg flush and while i vaguely knew of the cf/lobe issues, i never gave it a second thought since getting the car a cpl years back and hadn't even checked my follower ( negligent..bzzzzt..will do moving forward duh )

my point is.. why dont you see if vw will honor the warranty extension for your cf issue(s)? by now a it's pretty straightforward issue and response from VOA if you have the needed "low fuel" rail(?) codes or a damaged follower. it would've been a $2k+ job but for the warranty extension, ..thankfully! all covered.

i'm just pissed they wouldn't let me do the timing belt at the same time since it was being "opened" anyway.. but they wanted an extra $1350.00! i cant believe what dealers try to pull. the timing belt replacement kit parts from THEM were $750+ while i can source them myself all for about $325.00 incl WP and T-Stat etc. hell, they even throw in the loctite and g13! ( dealers... sheesh )

at least they told me about the warranty extension. talk about lucky! i had 500 miles left to go before the "extension" expired!

now i still gotta do the t belt somewhere else. :rolleyes:

/rant off..sorry.

I got my service done at a local shop instead of a dealership would i still be able toget my money back from it?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I got my service done at a local shop instead of a dealership would i still be able toget my money back from it?

You'd have to confirm that your VIN is included in the extension to begin with. If it is, see what your local dealership will do for you. Having connections sometimes is best in these situations. If not them, you can try to get VWoA involved, but in light of the billions VW has lost, who knows if they're going to cover a late 2000's car with higher mileage. Sad to say that.

ttdriver

Passed Driver's Ed

you could try? but iirc, vw will only reimburse for stuff done at an auth vw shop. but pls dont quote me on that. i would call voa or whomever at customer care to ask. they wont lie about it, plus with all that's going in it's kind of "pile on VAG" this month! so get 'em while they're distracted by their diesel issues, i say :biggrin:

as for me..i just picked my car up after they did all the repairs. runs the same lol. but it has a new intake cam + follower/hpfp plus i did get a free oil change which was due..all in all, not a bad way to end a "warranty extension" at 119,600 of a 120,000 warranty! :)

but call them! and GL!

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for the thread jack but the mechanic said to allow a 1k mile break in period with easy driving for the cam... I guess no spirited driving for a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Damn, few months to hit 1000 miles? Wish I could say that! Well, I mean, I can now that the GTI isn't my primary car anymore, but when it was? 14-1500 miles per month.