GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluefin flash

vwgtimkv

Out of love for the car
I don't have the non-Bluefin option even after this "update".

My unit is the same as always. I plug it in and my option is "reset to stock Y/N" or something to that effect. I press 'Y' it resets or I press 'N' and it resets the unit and I get asked the same question again.

I guess people that have the older units don't get that special DTC menu.

Funny, if you could give a step-by-step guide on what you press/do when you plug the unit in that would help confirm users with older units (even upgraded to latest firmware) don't have this functionality.

Thanks

Mine was in the first batch ever sold here and when I got it back last time it had the other options there. They didn't work, but they were there nonetheless. I haven't had time to install my unit yet, but when I do I'll let you know what the situation is.

Cheers

gmc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2014 Golf R
I don't have the non-Bluefin option even after this "update".

My unit is the same as always. I plug it in and my option is "reset to stock Y/N" or something to that effect. I press 'Y' it resets or I press 'N' and it resets the unit and I get asked the same question again.

I guess people that have the older units don't get that special DTC menu.

Funny, if you could give a step-by-step guide on what you press/do when you plug the unit in that would help confirm users with older units (even upgraded to latest firmware) don't have this functionality.

Thanks

Mine's the same. With the older cars, the menu isn't present. I think it's due to the older ECU versions not supporting the extra features.

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
so just to check, once I get my handset back I should reflash back to stock, then back to BF'd. And after doing this my ecu counter should be reset to 0 or 1?

thanks for any help! :cool:

revdes

Thanks a bunch Gerard, received my unit on Thursday and all is right with the world. I did have to do the ignition on/off thing a few times before it all worked though, something I never had to do with the old unit.

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
so just to check, once I get my handset back I should reflash back to stock, then back to BF'd. And after doing this my ecu counter should be reset to 0 or 1?

thanks for any help! :cool:

Last time I think it just reset to 0 even though mine was meant to be 1 for a dealer reflash (the recall). :iono:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Thanks a bunch Gerard, received my unit on Thursday and all is right with the world. I did have to do the ignition on/off thing a few times before it all worked though, something I never had to do with the old unit.

You have to do it more times to allow for the counter to be reset.
This was not the case for the original version as the counter was incremented and the programming did nothing with that.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Okies, didn't realise I had to reflash to reset the counter, thanks!

I lost my DCT menu since the update :iono: I still have the immobilse option buty that is it.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Thanks for the update Gerard

gjbello

Ready to race!
nothing, really... i just love this thread!

i'm seriously considering getting bluefinned in a couple of months. would get it now but the mrs hasn't been persuaded yet! ;)

Dingah

Crusty Aviator
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Must have been a quiet weekend in Melbourne!

Dingah

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Thread ressurect, but I thought this info would be useful to our older and some newer Bluefin users.

For those interested in the "extra" features on your unit, it might be wise to download the current version of the software. This is presently 3.0.0.4 (Jan 28 2009 build).

You can download it here:
Download Bluefin Desktop

The interface is slightly different - best of which is new instructions, which include a how-to on using the DATALOGGING option. It's not bad, but VCDS may be able to log faster. Haven't yet tried.

For those who want to cut to the chase, to use the diagnostics, etc. press N instead of Y when the first question regarding ignition being on comes up. You will then have the options to scroll through.

For those who sent their units back some time ago, it does work (mine did tonight). There is some mention that units need to have the extra features activated and that this is possible using the "remote" function via the software.
For those who didn't send their units back.... well you might have missed out on some useful features. I don't know if this can be altered with EEPROM reprogramming which is a feature as well of the current software - but I have no idea what it's used for.

For the record - got new DV as mine started to go some 1-2 months ago. This at over 30000Km. Tell-tale hiss started to become more audible from the drivers seat with window down and the "go" started to reduce. Strangely i did not get the usual low boost fault code, but this instead:
008801 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction

Also managed to get an ECU flash upgrade (note not update) from version 0010 to 0030 as part of getting other stuff fixed. So new map required as the Bluefin unit won't load the 0010 version over the new ecu map. Not sure exactly what the ECU flash does, but the version change is identifiable in the top right corner of the screen via VCDS on the main startup screen for the engine module (#1). It will also show as part of what comes up when checking for faults via VCDS.

Stock map sent 5.06pm (Aus time) with request to copy over my richer map (go searching for my bluefin threads if you are inquisitive).
File received by email 7.25pm (Aus time).
Service!!
Now to see what the EGTs are again (just to be sure...)