GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sirius for XM Swap

maxial

I have an 08 GTI with Sirius module 8E0 035 593 M. Has anyone had luck with one of the older xm units? Will xm 8E0 035 593 E work?

Thanks!
Tim

gonyofam3

Ready to race!
I have an 08 GTI with Sirius module 8E0 035 593 M. Has anyone had luck with one of the older xm units? Will xm 8E0 035 593 E work?

Thanks!
Tim

The fed just approved a merger, Sirius will own XM soon I believe.

maxial

I read that but I still want my XM back. The sound quality is better and I want Squizz. Who knows how long it will take for them to merge and there is no guarantee they will share stations.

Zoli007

Not to Hijack the thread, but if there is anyone else who would like to swap modules I also have a Sirious and want an XM module. I have an 08 GTi with the premium audio if that makes any difference.

Max, you can have Baileys unit but if there is anyone else thats willing to trade I'd love to do it.

1_Klean_GLI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GLI
Why would you swap...I believe that since Sirius owns XM...you will be able to get sirius channels on XM. I was setting up my xm and turner they offer me package to get the best of sirius on XM.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
Not all channels are available on both providers. This is really true on the talk/sports side of things.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
I am looking to trade Sirius unit from 2007 GTI (never activated) for XM unit #8E0 035 593 to go with my current XM subscription.

What is an XM unit #8E0 035 593 ?

My 2006 came with XM from the factory.
The module was replaced under warranty with an updated version in early 2008.
That number does not appear anywhere on my XM tuner :iono:

XM tuner VW pn 1K5 035 553 K

I am just curious,
it is my understanding that Sirius tuners have a single antenna connection
for the digital satellite signals.
The XM tuners use two antennas, one for digital satellite signals,
the other for the digital terrestial repeaters (which operate on different frequencies).

Isn't the terrestial repeater system one of the reasons XM performs better in some areas?
Do those who swap from Sirius to XM lose that advantage? :iono:

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
What is an XM unit #8E0 035 593 ?

Isn't the terrestial repeater system one of the reasons XM performs better in some areas?
Do those who swap from Sirius to XM lose that advantage? :iono:

That is a way old xm module part number (those units had issues) and the 1k part number was a replacement. I had one and it worked great.

You can buy adapters that split the single feed into a double feed so you do not get any error messages. They are around $20 or so.