GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Me Pick An HDTV

argue53

Go Kart Champion
dont believe everything you read... but anyways, I'd suggest LCD cause they are cheaper, no glare, uses less electricty, and are more durable. Plasmas take up a lot more electricty to run and is made out of glass so it could be cracked easier. Umm as far as Vizios go, all my friends have them and they look great and are very affordable. gl with your purchase though

Notoriouswithag

Slow+semi-low
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Check out the vizio's if you havent looked yet.

They have great quality LCDTV's for a great price. My family has owned 4 in the last 2 years, all bought from Costco with a great warranty plan, and even though my dad broke one out of sheer anger he went to costco and bought the exact same one for cheaper.

the most recent one we bought was a 46" 1080p, but its not 120hz like your wanted, but for the price/ quality I thought I would throw it out there.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=Vizio+46%22+LCD+TV&gbv=2&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X

rcnu71299

Ready to race!
dont believe everything you read... but anyways, I'd suggest LCD cause they are cheaper, no glare, uses less electricty, and are more durable. Plasmas take up a lot more electricty to run and is made out of glass so it could be cracked easier. Umm as far as Vizios go, all my friends have them and they look great and are very affordable. gl with your purchase though

i don't... but here

i wish i had money and time and PATIENCE for this... the thought of the sloppy mess and traffic makes me want to stay home. I'm not the type to wake up early just to get there and have everything already sold out or to get into a fight with some douche over a pair of jeans lol. This deals come and go so whatever... my only word of advice is careful with the HDTV's!! I use to work for Samsung Electronics of America and you'd be surprised and shocked to see how shitty their products are! Nice brand, shitty products... better off with a Vizio.

ring a bell? :biggrin:

argue53

Go Kart Champion
i don't... but here

ring a bell? :biggrin:
i missed your point.. care to explain it or do you just have nothing better to say? BTW, samsungs suck but to each their own so if you like Samsungs buy one and be happy. end of story

dorn101

Jai Guru Deva Om
I have a Samsung and I love it. It's ashame you can't actually see the picture of the two different tvs, that's what makes or breaks it for me. Maybe go to a electronics store and look at the two models for yourself, then buy online.

I'm not sure how much of it was true, but I was talking to someone about Vizio a couple years ago. Apparently they made screens for different manufacturers, and that was their expertise, and only recently started making TVs as a whole. :iono:

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Samsung makes the panels for Sony.

LCD and Plasma both have the same lifespan. The glare is reduced by a large amount on the Panasonic Plasma's.

OP: it depends where your TV is going and how it is going to be used if you are still deciding between LCD/Plasma.

If not, Get the Sony Z or Sony W or Samsung 650.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
I'd buy one of the new 120hz vizios... they seem pretty solid.

Samsung can't be judged as a whole... some of their models are pure garbage... and some are top notch... you have to judge each model separately.

I do like LG LCD's as well... so I think the one listed in the OP is nice, I wouldn't mind owning it... but I think it's a tad bit pricey... the prices for the 120hz are dropping pretty nicely.

All I can help is with, we had our pioneer 55" plasma now for two years, and it has performed flawlessly. Never a problem & always a great picture, everyone that comes over always comments on it's clarity & it even works great for video games :thumbsup:

i love my 60" pioneer plasma

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Samsung makes the panels for Sony.

source, i dont believe samsung even makes its own panels. isnt there like 2 or 3 companies that make the actual LCD and then each company puts in their own components and crap, etc

FliGi7

Ready to race!
If you walk into a store and can't tell the difference in picture between a Vizio and a Sony Bravia or even Samsung, go with the Vizio and spend it on other things you have the ability to realize.

Personally, every Vizio I have seen has looked decent at best.

The bottom line is that you can price and research all you want. But, before you purchase, take a couple trips to different stores and see it in person. You have no idea how many tv's that are superior on paper actually look noticeably worse than the inferior one on paper. Also realize, contrast ratio definitions, and thus ratings, are defined by the manufacturer. So, one company's 10,000:1 is not the same as another's, often times with those numbers being inflated. Dynamic Contrast ratio is a farce so don't ever pay attention to it, and make sure the advertused CR is NOT their dynamic rating. That is often used to fool people as well.

sleeks

Ready to race!
That size, I'd personally go plasma.

How far away are you sitting? You may not NEED 1080p depending on your seating distance from the screen.
________
Box vaporizers

Last edited:

08 VdUb WABBIT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW RABBIT 2.5 S
i sale high end home theather entertainment centers and all i gotta say is Toshiba Regza Series are BY FAR THE BEST panels for the money...you can get the Toshiba46RV535U for $1000 beutiful set..

ps... DONT BUY A VIZIO..korean made and one of the highest repair rates then any panel also samsung is not so reliable..I know trust me