GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
I knew both of the rear OE bushings were ripped, I finally saved enough to get them fixed. I checked the cam follower, it was cool and I got new tires. My car is back and even better. Now I just need a new OE grill.

untitled shoot-015 by Leslley Scotte, on Flickr

And finally, between the poly motor, trans, and dogbone and these, this car is so responsive in turns, the brakes respond faster and there is so much less input from the transmission and motor rotating now. The car is sending much more energy to the wheels now.

untitled shoot-005 by Leslley Scotte, on Flickr

Snagged these side skirts a few weeks back (thx ECS!):

Bought these bad boys last night:

I may need to silicone the hell out of them tho, the thought of moisture and condensation drives me nuts [emoji16]

Photos with headlights installed to follow*

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Love the way your GLI looks Jose.

I picked up my GTI from my parents garage this past weekend. It's been sitting since the middle of October when I took out 3rd and 4th gear after hooning around at the drag strip. I have an M Factory LSD coming in Monday and then I need to order the Tyrolsport deadset subframe bushing kit and an H&R FSB and get it all put together. I also have a Dieselgeek SS to install. I'll most likely be ordering a new clutch master cylinder since the one in there is original at 151k.

Hoping to get the LSD installed in May and then depending on my buddies schedule, start tearing into the car itself at the end of May/throughout June.
Thanks man I appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
No problem man!

Deadset bushing kit came in yesterday. My buddy has the trans and diff now. Things are starting to piece together.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
No problem man!

Deadset bushing kit came in yesterday. My buddy has the trans and diff now. Things are starting to piece together.

I always say that if I did an LSD when I was k04, i'm not sure i would have done so much to my car.

Sure more power is always fun, but being able to actually apply it in the corners absolutely transforms the car. Best of luck.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I always say that if I did an LSD when I was k04, i'm not sure i would have done so much to my car.

Sure more power is always fun, but being able to actually apply it in the corners absolutely transforms the car. Best of luck.

Exactly. It's useless in corners. And thanks! It should be interesting dropping the subframe. But I figure now is the time to do a FSB.

hemidesign

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk5 Castrol 2008
Mechatronic fail, Diff making noise and the transmission case cracked.. decided to get a new transmission unit.. :)