ripped

Go Kart Champion
dam all the hate
looking forward to the power adders

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
It's cheap speed, nothing more. Same concept as muscle cars back in the day. Doesn't anyone on this forum like cars? It seems like most people are busy seeing how low their golf can go. Big fucking deal, we drive a golf. Continuously posting it on a VW forum though..that doesn't make sense.

Diolate

Ready to race!
It's cheap speed, nothing more. Same concept as muscle cars back in the day. Doesn't anyone on this forum like cars? It seems like most people are busy seeing how low their golf can go. Big fucking deal, we drive a golf. Continuously posting it on a VW forum though..that doesn't make sense.

517 :thumbsup:

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI

At least those "cheap speed" cars were big blocks or at least V8's in cars built for men. Made out of steel and were big a heavy so at least when the rest of the car failed because of the big power it wasn't turned into a flat piece of paper like these Neon's do.

P.S. Op, have fun with that transmission! Talk about dumping money into a pit..

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I sold my GTI and got this the other day.

Me & Teddy... (he's my imaginary friend) and I began lowering it and strapped on a supercharger and we went for a ride.

Then this happened.

Teddy's alright, he came out of it okay. I'm nOt dOiNg sO gOod nOw.

Don't hate, don't flame... just a group hug now.

Wish I had my GTI.

Fuck me sideways, I wish I weren't married. I would be yours :wub:

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
At least those "cheap speed" cars were big blocks or at least V8's in cars built for men. Made out of steel and were big a heavy so at least when the rest of the car failed because of the big power it wasn't turned into a flat piece of paper like these Neon's do.

P.S. Op, have fun with that transmission! Talk about dumping money into a pit..

Made for men? C'mon man, grow up. And there's probably no bigger money pit on the road than a MKV GTI. ESPECIALLY w/ DSG.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Uh huh.....I guess you beat your shit up.

Nope, it's my daily driver. I have some fun w/ it from time to time sure but the GTI is the same concept as the SRT 4. Yeah, it's much nicer now but same concept. I've owned 7 or 8 different cars since I got my license in 1997. I've never seen a car that requires so much attention and upkeep. I knew about it before hand, thanks to this forum. Coil packs blowing @ 30k, cam follower issues, DSG issues, etc. This is not common to other makes. It's pretty much VW exclusive. Knocking the Dodge for quality issues or being a "pussy neon" is redundant. The typical owner gives the car a certain stigma, just like hondas. Not the car's fault..it's the owners. A small, fun, cheap, car that can smoke most vehicles on the road isn't something to make fun of.

utekineir

Banned
The hate for the dude buying a car he likes is pretty ridiculous. Sure he didn't have to be a fucktard and post it in the wrong section twice. But it's not like he fucked your dog in the mouth and gave it herpes which were later transmitted to you when having the dog do the old peanut butter trick.

I mean it is a legitimately fun enthusiast car, despite the fact that 99% of the people that own them are ***gots.

Diolate

Ready to race!
Nope, it's my daily driver. I have some fun w/ it from time to time sure but the GTI is the same concept as the SRT 4. Yeah, it's much nicer now but same concept. I've owned 7 or 8 different cars since I got my license in 1997. I've never seen a car that requires so much attention and upkeep. I knew about it before hand, thanks to this forum. Coil packs blowing @ 30k, cam follower issues, DSG issues, etc. This is not common to other makes. It's pretty much VW exclusive. Knocking the Dodge for quality issues or being a "pussy neon" is redundant. The typical owner gives the car a certain stigma, just like hondas. Not the car's fault..it's the owners. A small, fun, cheap, car that can smoke most vehicles on the road isn't something to make fun of.

Your luck I guess Ive had mine since 7800 miles, at 46k now only thing I've had to fix was my 02 sensors. Leaving this moment for Baston will miss this thread.. go gti!!!!

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Your luck I guess Ive had mine since 7800 miles, at 46k now only thing I've had to fix was my 02 sensors. Leaving this moment for Baston will miss this thread.. go gti!!!!

Those weren't my issues. As I said. And o2 sensors at 46k isn't normal either. Have a good trip...