GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stock gti vs. modded cooper s

Sinan

Schnell, bitch! Schnell!
Car(s)
VW Rabbit MkV
if I was you I would wait for the stage 10 kit, it has 4 turbo's, 2 independed nos injection systems, ow the engine stock is 2 liter, it's 2.3 in the stage 10. 2 intercoolers and a special oil-cooler. they remove the backseats and strengthen the entire car. estemates say it will produre between 620 and 750hp. ow it's manual transmission only with LSD ofcourse
damn...you'd make a great lawyer. :biggrin:

Lsilvag

Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
I know Mini cooper S...175hp...with 1600cc...VS Golf GTI 2.0TFSI with 200Hp.

The real powered Cooper S about 190hp and GTI 210Hp...

I had a "battle" in a straight (4Km with inappreciable soft curves) with one mini cooper S...and my GTI won the "battle" for 4 or 5 cars of distance. The problem was that in the final of the straight there is big curve and the cooper S have better passage in curve that GTI...

GTI is best than Mini Cooper S in all.

Regards,

The 100 octane kid

Ready to race!
It might take more than that...

Do you know which program hes running? Dinan claims 182hp with their Stage 2, which is a chip/exhaust, much like the GTI. The pulley might even push that little beast over 200hp or more.

Theres a kit out there thats makes 210+hp. Thats with pulley, exhaust and ecu upgraded. And for about $4,000 you can get 260hp. Pulleys give them 12-20hp.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Theres a kit out there thats makes 210+hp. Thats with pulley, exhaust and ecu upgraded. And for about $4,000 you can get 260hp. Pulleys give them 12-20hp.

Yeah? It was a pretty conservative estimate, sense I have no idea what size pulleys he put on and how much PSI was gained

b_griggs1

Autocross Whore
Car(s)
06 CW GTI PKG2 6MT
Not that it is comparable, but there is one at my local autocrosses all the time that has similar mods. He claims hes putting out 210hp. I am about 2 seconds faster than him. Also of note, he has driven my car and said that the GTI definantly wins in the HP dept but the brakes suck, he has a 4 piston Wilwood upgrade. I am unchipped but have damn near every bolt on for power available.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
probably the only real noticeable gains he obtained was either the super charger is OEM or aftermarket and the chip all the other stuff isnt much. i would say this is a close one just because i dont know what kind of supercharger and depends on what kind of chip. maybe if you where chipped revo or some kind of chip stage 1 maybe it'll be a close one. but from the looks of it i have to go with the mini just because of the "other" stuff that are unknown.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Well, the Mini is probably atleast 200hp by now, and the GTI is a pig. So, if you're unmodded then the Mini will spank you, hands down.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
ah ok hmmm its pretty close but the mini is gonna win wait off until atleast chipped.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!