GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car: Opinions? --- SLK55 AMG vs. 135i

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 S2000
There are just so many other cars in this price range. How about a Z4 M coupe or Z4 M roadster? STIs, EVOs, E46 M3s there are just so many cars available. Are you interested in any other cars or just those two?

That being said, out of the two given a chipped 135 in white please.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2005 S2000
I did not even mention but at this price range you can get into a used Cayman S, Boxster S or hell a Lotus. All of which are better sports cars then the SLK or 135.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
Heck, for less money, get a brand new EVO...........

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I would advise against the Lotus if it's an everyday car.

The SLK55 is kind of dull but to each their own. Sure, it has a V8 but the 135i would still run circles around it. 335i is not a bad idea but you could also get a Z4M Coupe for a tad over 30K with almost zero miles or even an E46 M3 which are both excellent cars.

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
Thanks for your opinions everyone. I went to test drive both the SLK55 AMG and the 135i over the past few days.

The SLK55 turned out to be very fast, but just not my thing. It was just... well... boring. Beautiful car though. The 135i was extremely fun to drive. I'd write a review, but I really don't have the time right now.

In the end, I ordered my 2009 BMW 135i with a 6 speed manual. It should be here in about 8 weeks. Alpine White with black interior, gray poplar wood, cold weather package, sport package, and the upgraded hi-fi stereo system.

wale

Go Kart Champion
im not really a fan of the compressed look of the 135i, but i'd take it over the slk...
more practical, more fuell efficient and easy to mod, whenever u decide to step things up.. plus u get all that free servicing nd stuff from bmw...
slk 55 is a monster, sounds good too.. but i feel like its a very confused car...