GOLFMKV

Your ride before the MK5

jasonsmeall

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW Jetta

this car was awesome Luke I do miss it , even though it wasn't mine

ONGIE

My previous ride was a Mazda6...I did like this car...but not as much as the GTI.

Attachments

• Mazda6.jpg
    Mazda6.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 350

Guy_H

Ready to race!
Little case of too firm in the sway bars & too little driving talent to catch it :help:

I have learnt an awful lot about setting cars up for the racetrack since then :wink:

That was lakeside in 2000

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
1999 TH 3.5L V6 5sp manual Mitsubishi Magna Advance. Boring family car but surprisingly responsive to modifying. Dedicated fan base much like this forum - aussiemagna.com

Lowered, wheels, full exhaust inc headers, K&N filter, front strut brace, beefy rear sway bar, Unichip & dynotuned, short shifter, Sports Ryder struts/springs, lots of stereo work........, upgraded interior inc leather wrapped tiller, white instrument dials, more leather bits.....

Responded really well to the Unichip/dyno. Only got 131KW ATFW but 350Nm torque ATFW with a very flat torque curve. More torque ATFW than a Ralliart Magna had at the crankshaft. Very smooth driving but huge torque steer if you booted it. Best 0-100Km/hr 6.5 sec - not bad for a pre-2000 family car. Fuel consumption was 11-12L/100Km around town & 7-7.5 on highway after tuning :smile: Handled so much better than a stocker but still not even in the same galaxy let alone ballpark as the GTi.

Lost soooooo much $$$$ on it though :cry:

Last edited:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
what car is that ?? LEXUS ??

GTIx3

Mine was an 03 Cooper "S" , which i got rid of just before last Xmas.

Was driving 07 R32 man 3dr as my co Car for most of this year until 5 weeks ago. Better deal with work saw me in the market to buy my own car again.

Agonised for two weeks over R32 / Gti .

GTi 3dr Man WON !!!!!:laughabove:

Zookeeper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI Fahrenheit
2003 Jeep Wrangler -- still have it, but just for weekend and wheeling fun now. It was getting too many miles as a daily driver and they don't make them in this style anymore.

Driving the Jeep and the Fahrenheit is quite the culture shock if you go from one to the other too quickly though! :laugh:

The Jeep is faster than the Fahrenheit -- on rocks! :biggrin: