GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your "ex-wheels" Picture Thread!

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
pretty much every car in blu32's list is a keeper in my 'unlimited dream garage' book.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
anyone else thought this thread would be more interesting without the word "wheels" in the title?? :lol:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Damn some very cool cars... loving the old stuff. I'll have to dig out some photos and scan them cos i lost most of my previous car pics on the PC. Don't think i have any of the first car, Datsun 240Z so found a google pic pretty much identical. Still one of my fav cars and i didn't appreciate how good of a car it was until many years after i got rid of it.

blu32

Stealthy Speed
Car(s)
My Car (above)
Thanks for the thumbs up on my cars all of you.

I feel very lucky that I've been able to live in the right places and know the right people to get my hands on some of them.

If I could do it all again I would definitely hang on to the RSR replica (the yellow one). It was a mad, snarly, twitchy wild thing - over 330 bhp and 900 odd kilos. I loved it - did throw it through a hedge once but no love affair is ever totally smooth. Unfortunately it was my only car and my wife HATED it - she drove it quite a bit coz I travelled a lot in those days - as a result it was sold.

Now that she's not around I wish I'd hung onto it but that's life. Mind you, the Quattro (it was a SWB Quattro sport so we called it a Quatt) was a damn fine replacement.

Just to even things up, I also had one of these for a while:

Attachments

• 800px-Citroen_Dyane_6.jpg
    800px-Citroen_Dyane_6.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 444

KWICKS

Now older and wiser
Car(s)
GTI, Liberty 3.0RB
From google, white TRX Bluebird, mine was $4750 in 1996, white, 12" Datsun Go Kart size steering wheel, lowered on Monroe GT Gas shocks and King Springs, aftermarket front bar. Cornered well, was gutless though. Stereo in it was worth as much as the car. Literally fell apart, floor fell out, wiper ceased working, other electrical gremlins crept in. Had to go.
Edit: Pic removed, too big.

Traded on this, changeover $10000 in 1998, had very high mileage, mint condition though, removed cap on tow bar and the reddest dirt you have ever seen came out! Massive bull bar and winch. I put it in the surf towing a surfer on a long rope and it had to go. Engine was turning bright orange!

Traded on this, actually test drove it a couple of days before I got my licence back from suspension:rolleyes: to the great amusement of the GF (now wife). Changeover was $14000, this was best described as a rep mobile, wear on one seat only, nearly 90000km in 3 years, manual, 15"alloys:bellyroll: Sold privately for $3000 with 220000km on it in Dec 2004. Had oil leaks galore and was about to cost a bomb... but body was in very good nick.

My first new car, $55000 or less from memory, now had for 4 years, had 87500km service today. Bought as family wagon becasue it had as OEM all the bits I normally upgrade, like nice stereo (McIntosh), 18" wheels, Bilstein suspension (a bit harsh). Fits the bill nicely, an R36 would make a suitable upgrade. Had loads of warranty issues (new engine, clutch, brakes 3 times, stereo head unit, floor carpets, seat trim, roof trim, lower control arm bushes, power steering pump - its basically anew car again!

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Nice Charger, ferris!
What sort of engine was it?

Ferris

www.ferrisgti.com
Car(s)
2007 Golf GTI 3D TR
Nice Charger, ferris!
What sort of engine was it?

Thanks BarneyBoy!

It was a mighty Hemi 265 (4.3 litre straight-six), with a 4 speed manual gearbox. My daily driver for around 7 years :) It was a fantastic car, but it cost me a fair bit of money over that time (rebuilt engine and gearbox, bodywork repairs and complete respray, new rubber seals, custom interior... the list goes on!

I'll always have a soft spot for Chargers though :thumbsup: