GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your BEST picture

Barros VeeDub

uhm... wait what?
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
How do you guys always get your images to come out so clear and crisp? Is it just editing the curves?

i've always asked the same thing. its really in the lens, the better the lense the clearer and sharper. that shot was with my 35mm. a great lens for a crop body.

but i've start sharpening my images, and i notice when the images are shrunk with the sharpening mask they get sharper. also, low light if your hand holding slower then 1/(focal length) your gonna tend to get motion blur, causing it to look OOF or unclear. tripod will fix that, i've watched ronaldo use a tripod ALOT, which in turn i should start as well.

edit: also, another thing... smaller apertures!!! haha dont need always shoot at f/1.8 or f/2.8, dont be afraid to experiment with different aperture sizes.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Yeah, I don't really use the sharpening features of PS that much. Sometimes, but not a lot. Seems like that shot of my kiddo got better once I adjusted the curves some.

But yeah, I like using my nifty fifty, but w/o AF it gets sort of difficult. That one of my kid was shot with my 50mm at 24mm length using f/4 @ 1/500. The good thing about low aperture lenses is the amount of light they pick up. I try to stay away from shooting at f/1.8 as it seems to really turn up the bokeh quite a bit. Usually stick with f/2.8-f/4 using that lens.

I suppose maybe I should start using my tripod more. I mean, I spent some pretty decent coin on it, so I should get some use out of it. It's just a pain to lug around, even with a Lowepro backpack camera bag. Adds some pretty significant weight, too, even though the frame is carbon.

Time to start saving up fro better glass, too. Still in love w/ the Sigma 10-20mm f/3.8 :wub:

Edit: Does your 35mm have it's own AF motor built in? That's the problem with my camera. No AF motor. Need to step up eventually. Maybe D7000 next.

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?

romanianr32mk5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
^ thats a sicks picture. Its my desktop background

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Do you take pics that aren't epic?

I see you're liking the flare effect lately. Funny because most photogs try to reduce that, but you capture it and make it look good. :thumbsup: