GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yaris World... Hilarity ensues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion

While I respect the work done on such a car... one would question the sanity of the owner to spend that kind of coin on that ugly POS.

He drove down Dougherty this morning. I couldn't help but appreciate the workmanship that went into it, however I think the money could have been spent on a much better vehicle. A modded gti or civic or something will sell. A yaris? Not so much.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
According to your sig you do not have a stock GTI, the same could be said to you.

I could sell my A3 (paid off) and my JSW (paying for) to go pick up a brand new B8 S4 while having a lower payment then I do on my JSW right now. But I don't want one single car I want several cars that I can make my own.

The Yaris is super light, handles well and isn't that under powered for its size and weight, you may have that guy in a straight but he'd probably pass you in turns if you were on the track. He built what he wanted, why does he need a "better" car if it does exactly what he wants?

My total mod bill is a grand...and I got my gti for invoice so haven't really spent much. I'm sure yarisman has thousands in mods. To each their own man. To me a modded yaris is ridiculous but just my opinion. Like I said before.. Gti is just barely an acceptable sports car. I know I'm not driving a Porsche, I'm not delusional about what my car is :)

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
If you bought a Yaris your mod budget could have been $10,000 which you could build a faster car than a GTI for the same money. You only spent $1,000 is a pretty stupid argument.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
If you bought a Yaris your mod budget could have been $10,000 which you could build a faster car than a GTI for the same money. You only spent $1,000 is a pretty stupid argument.

Not everyone is about pure speed. If that was my only concern, the gti nor any of the same class vehicles would have been a consideration. You could buy an iroc Camaro or miata for 1k, and build it faster than a viper for less or equal to the cost of a yaris. But it will be rough as hell. I believe you, sir, are the ignorant tool.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Not everyone is about pure speed. If that was my only concern, the gti nor any of the same class vehicles would have been a consideration. You could buy an iroc Camaro or miata for 1k, and build it faster than a viper for less or equal to the cost of a yaris. But it will be rough as hell. I believe you, sir, are the ignorant tool.

you just proved my point :)

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Yea except I'm not an ass about it. ;)

I still think its not the smartest car to mod. The gti has potential, but anything above k04 I think is not worthwhile either.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion

Not you again...totally missing the point. I would not spend $1k to mod a yaris. I'm mid 30s and don't want a ridiculous car. What will you defend next...a modded Smart car?

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Not you again...totally missing the point. I would not spend $1k to mod a yaris. I'm mid 30s and don't want a ridiculous car. What will you defend next...a modded Smart car?

YOU wouldn't and that's fine, but why does that make those that do lower then you (not specifically you, you meaning all the shit talking ass hats)? Some people don't care if their car started of as nice, or fast, or if others look at it with envy, or if others think it's "ridiculous" a real gear head with take what ever they can get, whatever they can afford, and drive it, modify it, customize it, make it their own. Maybe you grow up as a snobby little bitch with rich parents that got everything handed to you on a silver platter who never learned about pride in ownership?

It's funny growing up there were 2 kinds of kids in high school, the ones that trashed their brand new cars they got when they turned 16 and those that worked after school to earn money to buy whatever crappy car they could afford, but I can tell you one thing, everyone I know who has bought and paid for their own car growing up loved it, babied it, and took care of it. My first car I bought was a 1994 Corrolla with manual locks, manual windows, manual trans, no power steering, no ABS, and I modded, washed and waxed that piece of crap every chance I got because it was MY car and I loved it.

Clearly they are bigger car enthusiasts than you guys, they just don't have the means to buy a "sports car" like a Golf.

Would I defend modding a Smart car, absofuckinlutely.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
You have no idea how I grew up, too funny man... My parents barely had enough money every month. I helped cut wood and bale hay for extra money for the family. You assume a lot about people don't you? I'm the first in my family to graduate college... You are such a fool no further response is needed.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
YOU wouldn't and that's fine, but why does that make those that do lower then you (not specifically you, you meaning all the shit talking ass hats)? Some people don't care if their car started of as nice, or fast, or if others look at it with envy, or if others think it's "ridiculous" a real gear head with take what ever they can get, whatever they can afford, and drive it, modify it, customize it, make it their own. Maybe you grow up as a snobby little bitch with rich parents that got everything handed to you on a silver platter who never learned about pride in ownership?

It's funny growing up there were 2 kinds of kids in high school, the ones that trashed their brand new cars they got when they turned 16 and those that worked after school to earn money to buy whatever crappy car they could afford, but I can tell you one thing, everyone I know who has bought and paid for their own car growing up loved it, babied it, and took care of it. My first car I bought was a 1994 Corrolla with manual locks, manual windows, manual trans, no power steering, no ABS, and I modded, washed and waxed that piece of crap every chance I got because it was MY car and I loved it.

Clearly they are bigger car enthusiasts than you guys, they just don't have the means to buy a "sports car" like a Golf.

Would I defend modding a Smart car, absofuckinlutely.

Well put sir. Well put.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I did. My posts are about how silly it is to waste money on a cheap car rather than just getting a better car. You turned it into a socio-economic debate. I think my name here gives people the wrong impression...I owned a used Benz. Doesn't make me a snob. I sold it because I felt like a douche driving it and they cost a ton to maintain. Thinking something is silly is not the same as putting someone down. This is a common problem with forums, people don't realize who they are talking too... I Probably grew up poorer than you. Can I have a little fun now?

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion

Sure if someone wants to mod a smart car they can. Just because you feel otherwise does not mean everyone must stop unless you approve.

You are sort of acting like you are in your mid 10s not 30s, expand your mind a little bit.

most of the people I see around here with modded track yaris' are in there 50s..

Status
Not open for further replies.