GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Helix LED TAIL LIGHTS

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
If your doing led im pretty sure you have to run the wires from the body part if the tail lights to the hatch part of the Tail lights.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Extra wire is optional, the reverse lights will work just fine.

Rohanq35

Passed Driver's Ed
The guys i talked to at ECS Tuning said that the LED Tails are COMPLETELY plug n play. No wiring, euro switches, or coding involved. Those are the Helix ones i want and i was wondering if anyone is selling them.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I have Helix LED tails on my car (not for sale, though. Sorry). I can attest, no VAG-com/wiring/euro switch involved. They are true plug and play. Inner housings only are used for reverse lights, not for brake/tail lights (but this is the same as the OEM LEDs and the OEM halogen tails). And don't let ECS customer support fool you.....they do NOT have LED reverse lights integrated when you buy them. They come with halogen bulbs installed for reverse. If you want LED reverse, you must buy the LED reverse light kit.

Rohanq35

Passed Driver's Ed
I have Helix LED tails on my car (not for sale, though. Sorry). I can attest, no VAG-com/wiring/euro switch involved. They are true plug and play. Inner housings only are used for reverse lights, not for brake/tail lights (but this is the same as the OEM LEDs and the OEM halogen tails). And don't let ECS customer support fool you.....they do NOT have LED reverse lights integrated when you buy them. They come with halogen bulbs installed for reverse. If you want LED reverse, you must buy the LED reverse light kit.

Would it be alright if i just buy led reverse lights from DeautoKey? and just plugged em in before the install?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Any of the LED reverse bulbs should work just fine. The reverse bulb type does not change with the Helix tails. They come with the 90-degree bulb holder/connector similar to stock tails and contains a halogen bulb (same type as stock) which can be removed/replaced with whatever LED version you desire (deAutoKey, Ziza, etc).