GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wreck from last night

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Car(s)
ferrari
so last night i was involved in a hit and run here in austin, here are the pics.

story here...

so as you can see from the first pic, i was turning left onto a side street. the arrow went green and the red cobra in front of me started to go and i followed. then, the cobra slammed on its brakes which resulted in the wreck. there was nothing in front of him/her and there was absolutely no reason to do so.

the cobra sped off, i tried to catch up but 200hp versus 390hp is a losing battle.

it sucks, BUT to cheer me up after it happened my bro and his girl drove me down to one of our favorite bars and the bartenders that know us bought me a $15 drink on them :thumbsup:

JamDawg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI 4 DOOR
That was a weird hit and run. Usually someone hits you then they run not you hit them and then they run. I know it was not your fault but still weird. Hope it all works out.

Go stage 4. He won't get away next time.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Probably better that he ran and you didnt go through the police. YOU hit HIM from behind with means you were following too close. BS I know but you would have most likely gotten the ticket.

Lucidity

Marx
^ This.

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
I'm assuming you didn't realize he was stopping till after you hit him?

Car(s)
08 VW GTI GKV
Fail #1, The other driver was drunk, drove off to avoid police involvement.

Fail #2, I hope you reported this to the police since technically the other driver could claim that you drove off thus creating the hit and run, since you are the one at fault.

Fail #3, Admitting that you rear ended someone on the internet and thus proving guilt.

GeauxGTI

GeauxGTI
That sucks. I always wondered what the deal was if someone intentionally made you rear end them because theoretically you dont have to be following very close at all and if the driver in front really smashes on the brakes, your reaction time will quickly eat up any space you had between eachother. Tough call on the cops thing as I think almost anywhere, the person that hits from behind is at fault automatically. I would, however, have gotten a license plate number to have around. Nice sketch by the way, the united grey metallic is a pretty close match....

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Car(s)
ferrari
no plate?

it happened pretty quick so yeah... i didnt get the plate. big fail on my part.

That was a weird hit and run. Usually someone hits you then they run not you hit them and then they run. I know it was not your fault but still weird. Hope it all works out.

Go stage 4. He won't get away next time.

stage 4 would be sweet and yeah the termi wouldnt stand a chance then :cool:

Probably better that he ran and you didnt go through the police. YOU hit HIM from behind with means you were following too close. BS I know but you would have most likely gotten the ticket.

yeah word, it was very strange.

I'm assuming you didn't realize he was stopping till after you hit him?

he literally slammed on the brakes. and there was nobody in front of him and no reason for him to do so. so yeah, i didnt realize he was stopped until after the collision

Fail #1, The other driver was drunk, drove off to avoid police involvement.

Fail #2, I hope you reported this to the police since technically the other driver could claim that you drove off thus creating the hit and run, since you are the one at fault.

Fail #3, Admitting that you rear ended someone on the internet and thus proving guilt.

cool bounty hunter sig :rolleyes:

That sucks. I always wondered what the deal was if someone intentionally made you rear end them because theoretically you dont have to be following very close at all and if the driver in front really smashes on the brakes, your reaction time will quickly eat up any space you had between eachother. Tough call on the cops thing as I think almost anywhere, the person that hits from behind is at fault automatically. I would, however, have gotten a license plate number to have around. Nice sketch by the way, the united grey metallic is a pretty close match....

it would be a pretty close call i imagine. i mean literally... the fucker slammed on his brakes and by the time i knew what was up there was nothing i could do.

thanks for everyone's support, i'll keep everyone posted on my sweet rental car i will be driving soon. :thumbdown:

GermanInfluence

Ready to race!
If the driver of the cobra hit his brakes for no reason in the middle of an intersection he could be found at fault.

I would check to see if there are any banks or safeways with cameras around that area.

argue53

Go Kart Champion
GL with the repairs man

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom
Report it IMMEDIATELY if you haven't because if he reports first you're the one they're coming after. Also this way you have recourse if the dude if found. Hope you learned a lesson, bro.

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Car(s)
ferrari
If the driver of the cobra hit his brakes for no reason in the middle of an intersection he could be found at fault.

I would check to see if there are any banks or safeways with cameras around that area.

that's actually not a bad idea. there's a walgreens right at that intersection and a chevron gas station

GL with the repairs man

thanks bro, it's gonna suck :frown:

Report it IMMEDIATELY if you haven't because if he reports first you're the one they're coming after. Also this way you have recourse if the dude if found. Hope you learned a lesson, bro.

there's a lesson to be learned everyday with these brilliant austin, tx drivers. you all would not believe half the shit people pull everyday here.

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom
there's a lesson to be learned everyday with these brilliant austin, tx drivers. you all would not believe half the shit people pull everyday here.

Dude, I tell ya it was a breeze driving in NJ and NY compared to driving with the fucking retards I see everyday here in Denver.

Aggressor

UGly
while it is BS, OP, it's still your fault. In theory, you should have left enough room to let him panic stop. Don't get me wrong, the same would probably have happened to me in this situation (complete with the bar, lol) As a rule of thumb, your responsible for everything in the direction your moving. If he backed into you, that's different, but in this story, the courts would see it as you hitting him.

That said, the car was probably stolen(less likely) or drunk (more likely) and as was said before, wanted to avoid any police involvement.