GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you let others drive your car?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
My father in law breaks everything that he touches. It's not his fault, and he's not being malicious just not talented with things technological. He managed to fuck up my blinds, lawn mower, and dozens of other less notable objects. When I knew that he was going to drive my car to bring our first son to the hospital to meet his new brother for the first time I cringed. Curb rashed tires or worse awaited. Thankfully it only came back with a check engine light.

What was the CEL for and what did he do to cause it?

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
What was the CEL for and what did he do to cause it?

It wasn't his fault at all, he did a great job of borrowing the car and bringing it back in one piece. It does however continue his trend of needs fuxing after he touches it lol

In the end the tdi has an exhaust flap that craps out because of its defective design. I took the car to vw and they replaced the flap under warranty. They actually extended the warranty on that component to 190k (Canadian kms)

Pour guy, shit always breaks when he's using it. Thankfully I didn't say anything to him about the subject. I never make him feel guilty about the stuff that breaks during his operation, I just fix them while grumbling to myself under my breath.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
That Relay Rides is pretty cool. You can drive the GTR around Miami for $219 per day. I would definitely do something like that. Would I let a stranger take my K04 spaceship out into the world? NO WAY. I don't even like having the tire guys touch it.
Edit for cool link
https://relayrides.com/car-rental/miami/nissan-gt-r/94185

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
There are less than 4 people that I would actually let drive my car. Simple as that.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
That's a legal minefield, especially when it comes to insurance and liability. I wouldn't touch such a service with a ten foot pole.