GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would eibach pro kit blow my shocks?

nickvrett

Ready to race!
Was just wondering if even a drop this mild (approx 1.3) would ruin my shocks. anyone have any experiences they would like to share? im looking for a cheap way to slightly lower my new jetta without having to change shocks. not looking to completely eliminate wheel gap, just a subtle oem looking drop so I dont think coil overs are worth it, i was thinking of either these or hnr sport springs.
any advice would be appreciated.
thanks
Nick

tbar3894

VDUBBN
Car(s)
08 TR GTI
I was on h&r supersports with stock shocks/struts which go lower for 15-20k with no problems. When i took them off to replace with coils they were all still fine.

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Had a Prokit on my old A4 B6 with the stock struts for about 40 000km before the shocks started to go bad. A Prokit won't destroy your shocks, but you need to remember that the life time of the shocks depends on so many things. You could hit a pot hole one day and a shock could be blown.

I just replaced my original shocks and sportline (-20mm) factory springs at 156 000km and 2 shocks were bad. One had leaked out most of the oil and was unusable and one had a smaller leak. The 2 others were fine. I replaced them with Bilstein shocks and an Eibach Prokit.