Car(s)
GTI
1/2, right off the truck

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
McPsycho V said:
1/2 mile! holy crap, thats awesome! but i thought inspector people take the car out for a couple of miles to see if everything is working right?

Yeah, the PDI (Perfect Delivery Inspection). That accounts for about 5+ miles alone. My GTI had 28 miles on it when I picked it up. I'm sure it was driven hard during those 28 miles, but whatever.. I wasn't going to wait around for weeks while a new one was delivered.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The car had 1 mile on it on the meter, when I picked it up.....mine will probably break then for the mis inspection...hmm

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
12km and as for breaking them in...my last MKIV was only at 27k mls when I got rid and it only felt like it was run in then....long way to go :burnrubber: :thumbup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Mine had 13 miles on it when I test drove it. I took a turn then my wife...23 when I took it home, all us driving it. We realy test drove it. LOL

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
kidkusu said:
Mine had 200, but it was also driven from Georgia to Montgomery

You really accepted a "used" car? With unknown damage? I would always recommend buying to order with VW delivery right to your dealer. Otherwise you risk getting a damaged car.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
NorthGTI said:
You really accepted a "used" car? With unknown damage? I would always recommend buying to order with VW delivery right to your dealer. Otherwise you risk getting a damaged car.

UM,,wasnt used just had to be driven down from another dealership, just lkie half of the other people that responded to this thread. Besides either they would have put the first 200 miles on the car or I would have, and it is kinda easy to tell if a car has had previous damage. And as for now the car is a champ. Shoot to tell you the truth my last car "NEW" I accepted with about 5 miles on it was a piece of crap so what is the diffrence. I would bet that dealerships have all kinds of dings and scratches in cars and they are fixed before customers even see them and then are forgotten bout.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
NorthGTI said:
You really accepted a "used" car? With unknown
damage? I would always recommend buying to order with VW delivery right to your dealer. Otherwise you risk getting a damaged car.

A car that has been driven from 1 dealership to the next is not "used" or "damaged", it's just being delivered.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
When I worked at a dealership we did this all the time. We used to retired dudes. When I bought my civic brand new I was lucky because it came from KC and was flatbeded in.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Preferably one with the fart cannon and APC stickers all over it....OOOH and with a Type R or GTR emblem on it too!!! LOL