GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wierd Rattling Noise on my TDI

liamb2001

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys i desperatley need some help. i traded in my last car for a 2004 Golf 1.9 tdi 10 weeks back and been having a few problems such as it not starting straight away when the engine is hot, constantly on engine light and 2 weeks ago a rattle that gets louder the longer the car is running followed by the brakes going on me.

So i took it back to VW and they replaced the starter motor and replced 2 glow plugs and the servo pipe but this noise is still occuring and i have been told they cant diagnose the problem so will require the car to be taken apart at the cost of myself to see what it is.

Because of the way they have dealt with me i have no faith in there them now at all and am hoping someone on here has experienced something similar from there own golf.

The noise im talking about starts happening around 30 mins after driving and gets so bad it turns heads, it sounds like a mix between a rattle snake and a tin of little screws which becomes more apparent when your ona narrow road with houses or vans for the noise to bounce off and when you rev the car and put down your clutch...am hoping someone somewhere will have some idea of what this noise can be as it's baffled my local VW dealer and i really dont fancy keeping a car that sounds like that.

please help

coem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf V TDI
If you put your clutch down, is the noise still where?
I have something like this in my TDI, but its not that loud, i have been told its a release bearing in the clutch/transmission.

coem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf V TDI
But you still have warranty from your dealer, you shouldnt have to pay anything to get this fixst.

liamb2001

Passed Driver's Ed
actually once its warmed up a lot and your driving down the street eg vans or nearby buildings for the sound to bounce off) pressing the clutch makes the sound become more apparent.

yeah regarding the warranty there saying it probably wont be covered as its just a sound which im looking into legally, i shouldnt have to keep a car that may drive fine but clearly has a mechanical problem with it

coem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf V TDI
I dont think that will hold in court! As you say there is clearly a mechanic problem with it.