GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which KO4 software to purchase?

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
On the street the Uni code ran OK, on the track it thought there were overboost conditions and would occasionally cut boost for no reason. Happened at Road Atlanta fairly regularly - I'd come out of turn 7, upshift to 4th to start the blast down the back straight, and the car would cut boost, I'd let off the gas for a second or two, hit it and full boost again. Repeated fuel system logging showed pressure and other parameters all within spec. Uni confirmed it was their software, confirmed a few other track rats were seeing similar issues but wouldn't commit to a fix.

While I like solving problems, I paid Unitronic for working software and they couldn't deliver, at least not for the conditions I was subjecting the car to. I don't buy software with the expectation I may need to disassemble it and correct their bugs. Running a car at a track is a LOT different than on the street, puts it under sustained stress for long periods, you might ask your tuner if they ever tested their software under such conditions. Given APR's racing background their software should have benefited from that experience.

Excellent input!