GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which GTA dealership is willing to do the Cam Follower Warranty Work?

freshslate

Constant
if its warranty you need covered, all vw certified dealerships will do it. they just wont admit there is any such warranty. i hear some dealerships are giving the bullshit excuse that they can't do any warranty work unless theres a cel.

which is complete bs, because my car didn't trip any CEL and the cam follower had a hole blown right through with both intake and exhaust cams mangled. hpfp was gone as well.

s16

Ready to race!
if its warranty you need covered, all vw certified dealerships will do it. they just wont admit there is any such warranty. i hear some dealerships are giving the bullshit excuse that they can't do any warranty work unless theres a cel.

which is complete bs, because my car didn't trip any CEL and the cam follower had a hole blown right through with both intake and exhaust cams mangled. hpfp was gone as well.

I tried @ two dealerships.
they both said my CAM follower is still in good condition.
i'm at 110k km.

I just want to get the cam follower changed so I can get it off my mind

You are laboring under a false impression. The follower itself is fine.

If your FSI engine has a head with the A version intake cam, there is a possibility that the lobe will beat the crap out of your cam follower.

Later (2008?) FSI engines come with the B cam which supposedly solves the issue.

Head replacement with the B cam is what the TSB covers.

Checking the follower is easy. You just need a set of spline bits (cheap on amazon, ebay, etc) and some shop towels and a little fresh oil for reassembly. There is a good diy here on the forum.

The follower itself costs like $50. But replacing a follower that is not damaged with a new follower does not address the problem that the TSB covers.

Sent by pneumatic tubes

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Whatever you do, don't go to Pickering VW, for anything, ever.