GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where is that mod to automatically turn off ESP?

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I know I read it in a thread here sometime in the past. There was a mod to automatically turn off ESP a few seconds after starting the car. I'm going crazy searching for it and failing. Where can I find it?

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
The right index finger mod?

07Noside

Banned
there isnt one.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I'm amazed at the closed minds and all the hate. I haven't seen that on this forum before. I don't even HAVE ESP, just ASR, and I rarely want it turned off at all. Here's why I asked (from another thread):

I'm curious if anyone knows off the top of their heads whether you can set the recirc for the climate control to use recirculation by default.

There's a mod that automatically turns off ESP a few seconds after the car starts. Assuming the polarity going through the button is the same, it ought to work fine on the recirc button too.

Can anyone link to that mod? I was just looking for it...

I remember it somewhat vaguely. There may have been instructions on how to build it yourself, and there was someone selling them for like $5. It may have been posted on the vortex and just linked here.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
:lol: index finger, who wants to take the time to move that thing??? jeez, soo 1980's...

RHCPCraze

Ready to race!
you could always rig it up to disable under full throttle

uberdork71

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07gli, 70 911t,72mg
You cynics should go back to Tex. ;)

I've seen the thread.
Someone wired a diode (or some miniscule electronic thingy) to the back of the ESP button, so the car would default to ESP OFF when started.

I didn't think it was a great idea at the time, but after living with ESP for a year, I think I'd also like to do the mod. I find the ESP a little too intrusive, and it catches me off-guard sometimes.

a4cefed

Go Kart Champion
its not a big deal to press the button and turn it OFF, but i would much rather have to press the button to turn it ON. I really never leave it on.