GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where do you stash your pistol when you're driving?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Cops are always polite to me because I'm white, it's never a problem.

kharma

Ready to race!
Kahr Mk9, door pocket / under center stack / pass. seat drawer / glove box depending on who's in car and where I am.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav

So this thing was definitely a pain in the ass to get cinched, but I got it. The plastic trim under the steering wheel isn't enough to strap this to, so I had to put the upper hook on a metal brace inside the steering column hole, and wrap the lower end around and hook it on some sort of plastic deal that's behind the metal brace. Getting it to tighten down was a PITA, but now it holds my pistol securely. The leather is pretty thick so its a tight grip.

gliitch

Ready to race!
I got a friend who's into guns. But he lives right near the state line. He can't take his gun/guns across the line. So any time he wants to go shoot. He has to go 45 minutes out of his way.

I know. Cool story BRO.

Why can't he take them across the line? That doesn't make any sense

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I keep mine on me. That way if I exit the vehicle quickly I have it.

This.

Typically I wear it IWB while driving, or in glove box. will be installing under seat drawers soon so that may also be a possibility. I did consider the door panel but as its been point out, that is not concealed.

I don't know about other states, but here in Arizona I just assume everyone has a gun on them. Taking that into consideration I just keep my gun on my passenger seat or in the glove box. If I have to leave it in the car I just lock my glove box with my gun inside. Anytime I get stopped I just tell the officer I have a loaded firearm in the car and it's never been an issue. For those of you who don't know AZ gun laws they are pretty much non existant.

NH is similar.

For those who want to educate themselves on thier local laws: http://handgunlaw.us

Some states do have stipulations on how you can carry in your vehicle. There are also federal laws regarding transportation of firearms that are worth keeping mind as well.