GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where can I tap off the rear speakers?

nj2tn

Ready to race!
So, after searching I saw plenty of DIY's on how to remove the rear interior plastics to gain access to the speakers on the 2dr's but I'm hoping to avoid doing this.

I need to tap the rear wires to feed into my Basslink and was hoping I could pull up the door sills to gain access to the speaker wire w/o removing everything else.

Is this possible?

FYI:

MY08 Non-Premium Audio w/ OEM HU

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
I just tapped them behind the headunit. It took me about 7 minutes to get it out and tap. Then I just ran the wire to the pass seat where I am putting my amp.

IMO easier than tapping the rears, lot less work

WISVW

Actually the rears are very easy. Pull up the rear seat cushion (it pretty much just lifts up) and pull the small plastic trim next to where the cushion was (they are very flexible and will bend around out of the way). You will see the brown wires running up to the speakers. Brown with red, and brown with violet, if my memory is faithfull. Just a short run to the rear for a sub amp then. I was behind the radio in the dash, way more scary than this method.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
Yea but if you do it right, then you are tapping both the left and right rear speakers. IMO more work to go to both sides. Way easier to tap both sides from the back of the HU, tape them and run them as one line to the bass link.

PyRo H4cKeR

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
10 MK6 GTI 6MT
dude if you are doing to add a line output convertor for sub then just go behind the headunit. it's so much easier to access and run wires than taking apart your rear door panels

WISVW

I didn't take off the rear door panels. The wires are easily accessible with just removing the rear seat cushion!
When I removed the head unit, I felt there were to many trim pieces to reassemble, and the wire harness didn't have enough play to really hack into. Also i was concerned about rattles with all the messing with the dash and extra wires, etc.

97C280

Stage 2
behind the headunit.