GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When parking....

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Usually nose first. I have to say after the many different cars/suvs I've driven and parked, this GTI is one of the EASIEST to maneuver around and park. I am delightfully surprised.

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
I'm reversing to the parking place while the car is still in working temperature. I don't want to add stress to the car when it's cold by reversing/maneuvering. Complete OCD here:eek:
Exactly - cold engine revs (stupid idea of bringing cat to working temp to pollute less) so the car is more difficult to control, burns more gas, clutch wears out faster etc. Plus when backing into parking spot you have almost perfect view, not so much when you try to get out. Obviously, if getting straight through is an option I pull in onto the other side (always amazed by folks that park in the 1st spot and back out even if there was a way out going forward).

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Many parking lots here have "Nose In Parking Only" signs and you will get a ticket for violations. Additionally, lots where you park at an angle relative to the curb would require you to reverse in against one way traffic and make a greater than 90 degree turn to get into the spot.

TooManyHobbies

Ready to race!
back in, ALWAYS island spot, for multiple reasons. Less chance to get a door ding when using Island. Back in because you can get deeper into the spot with higher back end than front end. Better visibility when pulling out. And so no one knows I drive a hatchback. Bitches love non hatchbacks.