GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel noob with some questions..

bonix

Ready to race!
I currently run my stock 18" wheels with summer tires and switch to 17" anthracite goals for winter. The goals have been giving me a lot of trouble, 2 have a chronic leak that can't seem to be fixed and at end of winter I rashed one pretty badly.

I'd love to buy a set of the Audi S-line gunmetal sex wheels and plop some AS tires on them and run it year round. Turns out those are quite hard to find. I was going to settle for a set of OZ superturismo LMs but was not sure if they are too light/racing styleish to hold up during the winter. What do you guys think?

Any advice is appreciated!

Couple pics to show how I look now in my barely modded R.

Audi wheels:

OZs:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
OZ's are darn nice wheels.

kicku9

MKV OLDMAN
Car(s)
09 white MKV
Get what you want bro its your car. As long as your happy with your choice.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
Any wheel by OZ is going to hold up well I'm sure. If you like them I say go for it.

As for running the AS rubber, I think if you can use another set of wheels (like your OEM ones) for the winter with some dedicated winter rubber and then get some summer rubber for the OZ's you'll be more happy. That's assuming you have 2 sets of wheels you can use though, and the funds to buy two different sets of rubber. You can't go wrong with having both in Michigan.

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
Your are not "settling" for OZ... Those are my favorite 18" wheels. If you need to run em in winter get the 17" and do yourself a favor.

bonix

Ready to race!
I assume I can swap the summers on my stock wheels to the new OZ's correct? Then I would just need a set of winter tires to go on my stock wheels. Any tire recommendations?

Thanks for all the input, I am liking the OZ's more and more

mfbmike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Superturismo's are beautiful wheels. If you're looking for a lesser expensive option, check out Sparco Pista's.

Similar design, much cheaper though. Sparco is designed and engineered by OZ racing.