GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your 1/4 mile et's on pump fuel vs race fuel?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
What are your 1/4 mile et's on pump fuel vs race fuel?
I went to the track in June and did 12.82 and 12.90 on race fuel and file, but today on 92oct pump fuel and file I only got 13.6 and 13.8. I thought I'd be low 13's so somewhat disappointed. Of course I need to do some logs now and check everything out, but I thought I'd ask if you guys have experienced such an increase in et's.

blackz151

Ready to race!
Mine was a huge difference to. I don't remember what it was but its was like allmost a half 1/2 second or so. Between apr 93-100

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Thanks for the info. Yeah, mine was from .6 to 1.0 seconds slower going from 101oct to 92oct on giac's race file to pump file. And trap speeds from 110 and 112mph to 101mph
I'm going to do some logs just to check...again.

Last edited:

TSiUG

sleeper...
wow, I didnt see any increase in ET running 100 octane mode and my trap speeds were only .5-1 mph faster... I have since had my wastegate adjusted/tightened and running faster times on 93 octane, so I am going to try and run 100 octane again next time. I would shit myself if I could shave even 3 tenths of a second off my time by running 100 octane w/ 100 octane mode!!!! Did you run 12.8 on street tires or drag radials? Because if it was with street tires I am impressed....

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
What are your 1/4 mile et's on pump fuel vs race fuel?
I went to the track in June and did 12.82 and 12.90 on race fuel and file, but today on 92oct pump fuel and file I only got 13.6 and 13.8. I thought I'd be low 13's so somewhat disappointed. Of course I need to do some logs now and check everything out, but I thought I'd ask if you guys have experienced such an increase in et's.

Sorry for going off topic, but how do you like GIAC dsg software?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
wow, I didnt see any increase in ET running 100 octane mode and my trap speeds were only .5-1 mph faster... I have since had my wastegate adjusted/tightened and running faster times on 93 octane, so I am going to try and run 100 octane again next time. I would shit myself if I could shave even 3 tenths of a second off my time by running 100 octane w/ 100 octane mode!!!! Did you run 12.8 on street tires or drag radials? Because if it was with street tires I am impressed....
Yeah, I ran the 12.82 and 12.90 on street tires(Sumitomo htr z 3's), all the seats in, and my 250lb butt in the seat.

This vid was my 12.90 run; but unfortunately the camera guy didn't get the whole race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOcOXjJS6A&feature=related

I have been looking for someone that can calibrate my wastegate, but to date I haven't found anyone that can do it.
Techtonics, Matrix, Futrell, HM motorsports, PSI, DJM, and others all said no they don't do that. Even my dealer tech said no, but he could after he got all the calipers and gauges to do so. I've been told that it should start to open at 6.5 psi. TSiUG, is this where yours was set at?

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Sorry for going off topic, but how do you like GIAC dsg software?
Having a 7k rpm red-line, and torque limiter eliminated I like. The 3700 rpm launch control not so helpful because I don't have a LSD and do not run slicks or drag radials so traction is a battle for me. Enhanced S mode should be more clearly defined by giac as to what that means. I would like to know...