GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats the best cleaning agent for puke??

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
my kid must have caught a flu bug yesterday cause she honked twice in our friends car. i cleaned it w/ our hoover carpet cleaner, but it still stanks if you get close to the seat. Anybody know of a real good cleaner to get the smell out? :iono: i'd rather not pay to have it professionally cleaned unless i absolutely have to. it's fabric, not leather btw. thanx

fernswerm

Car(s)
2006 Candy White GTI
with time, the odor got into the fabric. this same thing happened to me in my car. but my friend was drunk. I just cleaned it as well as possible and let it air out all the time.

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
i thought that might be the case, but it was only on the fabric for maybe an hour before i cleaned it. i dont tell our friend to just keep the windows down all the time, did you ever get rid of the smell?

walangij

D1 2010!
Check out these: http://www.chemicalguys.com/Odor_Eliminator_Bacteria_Killer_Enzyme_Air_Fresh_p/spi_105_16.htm and http://www.chemicalguys.com/Smoke_And_Odor_Eliminator_Enzime_Spray_16_Oz_p/spi_104_16.htm

This one smells like green apples, I've heard professionals that have used these for some good results, not too expensive either. They're designed to get rid of the odor and not cover them up.

And Chemical Guys is in Inglewood, CA so it'll get shipped to you real quick. or you could call and see if you can pick it up.

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
Chemical Guys make some good stuff. A cheapest/fastest alternative is to pick-up some simple green from a local place and try it, it won't hurt your seats.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
maybe try a pet stain remover - they have chemicals that get rid of odors.

2k8MkV

She purrs like a kitten..
Car(s)
08 CW MkV
Folex..sold at Home Depot..really good cleaner..has no smell to it..so you can spray your car with whatever smelly good stuff you want afterwards. Someone threw hot sauce into my car and this stuff took it all out. Hope it helps.