GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I had an 08.5 MazdaSpeed3. Best car I ever owned and I miss it all the time.

So why did you get a GTI?

einy

Car(s)
'11 GTI
Got rid of '10 Subaru Forester (originally bought for "utility") and '99 Miata (bought because of it's ability to corner while NOT scraping its door handles, unlike the Subaru) to get the GTI .... and make room in the garage for a future "project" car ....

Best automotive decision I've made in years. Can't haul as much crap as the Forester, but that's OK plus way more fun to drive than the Miata. Side bonus, daughter doesn't get "seasick" coming home thru the twisties every day after school any more :)

Ideal214

Passed Driver's Ed
A 1981 camaro ss engine and suspension blew out foot was too heavy.. to a 91 accord coupe h22a jdm engine was about to boost it when my heads gave out I fixed it then sold it was a really fun car for me personally first front wheel drive. then a toyota4 runner highjacked raised about 4 1/2 " full offroad package guards, skid plates etc was only getting 13-15mpg so I sold it and got the VW needed something simple and effective good mpg ASAP will be looking into the tdi or R or cc v6 in the next couple of years depending on what comes out as far as mods for the 2.5l but love it so far.

maarz

I had an 06 325i. I got it for a great price, and it was a fantastic buy, but sadly I got hit driving it off the lot. After that, it was a nightmare. traded it in for a new mk6 gti about 3 months ago and I'm impressed. The GTI is an amazing car to drive.

McFuzz

Go Kart Champion
2010 Mazdaspeed3 @ 285 whp & 325 whtq on corn juice (with just an intake, turbo inlet pipe, race pipe, rear motor mount, an upgraded HPFP and Cobb AP based custom tune).

Do I miss it...? Not really - it was fun off the line but not fun in the twisties.

McChris

Passed Driver's Ed
2007 BMW 335i Coupe. It had more power than the GTI which was fun but they just arent as reliable as BMW's used to be, I owned a 2000 BMW 325 for 5 years and never once had a problem. Owned the 335 fo 10 months and it was in the shop 4 times. I love the GTI. Best car decision I've ever made. All of the room, fit and finish while still being fun as hell to drive. Plus averaging over 30 mpg doesn't hurt.

hpowders

Ready to race!
2007 Porsche 911 coupe. Had slightly more power than the GTI. Not responsible for the dead plants.

Attachments

• IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 210

Skirball

Ready to race!
I had an 06 325i. I got it for a great price, and it was a fantastic buy, but sadly I got hit driving it off the lot.

Holy crap. I was wondering how often that happens when I was test driving cars, and when we drove my wife's car off the lot (mine was delivered so I didn't have that paranoia). That really sucks.

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
04 Jetta GLI. It was a great car but no where near as fast as my K04 GTI

caradd

Passed Driver's Ed
In order from newest to oldest:

2011 VW GTI > 2007 BMW 335i > 2006 BMW 330i > 2008 VW R32 > 2002 Honda S2000 >
2006 Nissan 350z > 2006 Lexus IS 250 RWD > 2006 Acura RSX Type-S > 2001 VW Jetta 2.slow
> 1985 Mazda RX7 > 19?? Toyota 4x4 > 1985 Honda Civic SI > 197? Datsun Pickup

Last edited: