GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is this area?

So I get my car back from getting the moonroof installed and I notice part of my overhead console is loose, so I pop it back in. Then I realized it came out. So I played with it and this is how it looks when it's open. I've wanted to know what the area was because it looked like speaker grills, but I have a feeling it was for the OEM Bluetooth Microphone. Any other ideas?

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
TeknoGroover said:
So I get my car back from getting the moonroof installed

You are kidding about having an aftermarket roof installed, right? In a brand new German car? Have you checked out how much this will lower the resale value?

Good luck.

NorthGTI said:
You are kidding about having an aftermarket roof installed, right? In a brand new German car? Have you checked out how much this will lower the resale value?

Good luck.
No one said I was gonna sell it anytime soon so it doesn't matter. It's my damn car, and if I sell it, I will have to find the right person that doesn't know anything about VWs and they won't know it's not factory. Anyway, let's not get rabbit trails here.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I think that is the message system to the up link to the alien space craft orbiting the earth right now... and if you mess with it they will beam you up shortly afterward.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
NorthGTI said:

Good luck.
Watch out here come NorthGTI again with his two Cents again. It s his car like adding all these after market parts we install doesn't effect the resale. bottom line is

Attachments

• whocares1.jpg
    whocares1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 548

GTI2007

I wouldn't care if what ever I put on my car would lower the resale value of it. If I ever would sell my GTI I think it's at the VW-dealer to drop a few thousand € on the purchase of my new car then.

the stig

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Airvents

I just had a look and on my gti that space seems to be taken up by the climatronic air sensors? looks like two square speaker slots...anyways i am probably wrong.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
the stig said:
I just had a look and on my gti that space seems to be taken up by the climatronic air sensors? looks like two square speaker slots...anyways i am probably wrong.

That's what I was thinking too.

drbubble33

Drag Racing Champion
anyways those lights are for the shift nob. they always stay on and are red. they shine down to show you what gear youre in. well at least in the manny tranny.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
drbubble33 said:
anyways those lights are for the shift nob. they always stay on and are red. they shine down to show you what gear youre in. well at least in the manny tranny.

Its more of an all around ambient light, so its not totally dark in the car and you can see stuff without ruining your night vision.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
yikes i wouldnt want to see someone cut the roof of my GTI, But if its what you wanted good for you! I like the abient lighting.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i was told that a aftermarket moon roof would void most warranty as they are seam welded and the paint and anti corrosion warranty would be voided and as would structual aswell, how true this is though i am unsure.

SSS_Hoon