Actually has a MKV now!
Car(s)
Jetta TDI Cup Editio
I second Grid and Race07.

I have Race 07, and I love it.

mung

Car(s)
2008 4dr UG DSG GTI
IMO GRiD is hardly realistic. Has too much of an arcade drive (no "connection" or "feel" for the cars or road) than say GTR2, Forza, or Forza 2's more solid physics engine. Although the GRiD I played was the PC version using a keyboard. A steering wheel + pedal combo might fix that arcade feeling, but I doubt it.

The computer AI in GRiD is very unpredictable (can be a great thing or bad thing however you look at it).

GRiD is one of the best looking racing games out in the market right now. If you don't mind having a more arcade like experience then get it just for the looks (make sure your pc can handle it). If you want a more realistic racing simulation other people have suggested some great games. I haven't played rfactor but from the videos it looks like a great game.

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
I play GRID and DIRT on my PC...I have the the wireless adapter for a XBOX360 controller and that's what I use....it's by far the best graphics for a driving game on PC right now. That is if your system can handle it. But even turned down they still look good.

Not sure why they guy above me thinks the physics engine isn't good...It's pretty realistic. On the PC you can change the difficulty and driving assists as well as some other tweaks. You can make the game as realistic or as arcade as you like. Playing with the camera locked to the head, coupled with a decent size display is pretty intense.

The computer AI also reacts differently based on the realism settings.....I love putting them into the wall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90tfqwXc0A&feature=related

Tyrannical

Fresh
Car(s)
2008 VW MKV GTI
i like playing grid because of the realism. I like the fact that it's different than the need for speed games, no more going into walls at 100mph and then driving away as if nothing happened. In grid, if you go into a wall at 100 mph you total your car. Any damage you do to your car affects the way you can drive. Adds another element to the game, which makes it that much more fun.

Karel S

Ready to race!
Everyone who's saying GRID is realistic need to get their heads checked.
The driving physics are pure arcade. If that's your thing, then I have no doubt you can have a lot of fun with GRID. :thumbsup:

If it's realism you're after, look for Race07, GTR2, Rfactor, liveforspeed, Richard Burns Rally, Iracing,...
These sims really need to be played with a descent wheel and pedal set-up though.

arekux

aka Gogo
Car(s)
03 Mercedes C32
I sat Grid is really fun and Dirt is fun rally game if thats your thing, but honestly you should Get a PS3 or 360 for racing games, make sure you get Logitech G25 steering wheel, its the best in the business for consumers.

Trackster

Passed Driver's Ed
I love GT5 prologue on the PS3, but for the PC i highly recommend GTR, GTR2 and GT Legends ..... all by SimBin .. great games!

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
flatout 2 and flatout 3..... most fun racing games I have ever played. Demolition derby when you really want to have some fun... maybe I'm just a redneck at heart, but this game is unbelievable!