GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What if your car was totaled?

Sleeping Forest1

Ready to race!
first gen(2000) subbie outback sports wagon, always wanted a 4wd wagon i can toss shit in and haul around and pick up a s2k/something rwd.

that or go mk7 r:)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, as unplac as it is, I'd probably buy another C5.

It's literally one of the cheapest cars to own in America and its a blast to drive and be seen in.

I'd maybe consider deviating too a Furby, another Miata or S2K... not much else really interests me right now given my life on the road prohibits less reliable stuff like a used Porsche.

kram

Ready to race!
depends which car and how much I actually got from insurance, but most likely:

vibe gt -> replace with celica gts

z06 -> pay off, buy mr2s, swap drivetrains with celica/vibe and turbo the 2zz
An 86 Celica gts was my second car & I loved that thing. Every once in awhile I search on Craigslist for them... Would have loved to try the awd Celica.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
If a bad thing like that would happen to me today, I think I would replace the GTI with the car I was originally thinking to buy: Evo X MR.

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
I had a mk3 get totalled and replaced it with another mk3. Next time around I will not be doing the same. If you loved the car that got totalled the 2nd won't be the same. That's just my experience

I might go back to a mk3 vr6. I really miss that vr6 sound, power band, and it is much more reliable than a TSI.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I had a mk3 get totalled and replaced it with another mk3. Next time around I will not be doing the same. If you loved the car that got totalled the 2nd won't be the same. That's just my experience

pretty much sums up from my mk6 to a mk7. my mk6 was setup to my liking and finally replaced the clutch to an even better one and feel. It looked clean, upgraded intercooler and stage 1 and so on, was planning on stage 2 then eventually f23t, but mk6 went bye bye.

Now I'm not as excited to drive the 7 as I did with the 6. But hoping the stage 1 and vwr springs/spacers will solve my issues.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
If a bad thing like that would happen to me today, I think I would replace the GTI with the car I was originally thinking to buy: Evo X MR.

You too? That was the other finalist on my list but I didn't want to make the 3 hour, one way trip to Houston to get it. If I had known that the VW dealership service department was going to annoy me as bad as they have, that 3 hour trip for the EVO would have been a cakewalk.

Oh well, live and learn!

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
GTI would get replaced by a mk7 GTI PP or Kia Sedona (not joking, may need a minivan soon).

FR-S would get replaced by either a 987.2 Boxster/Cayman S, BRZ Limited or an Exige.

Might also test-drive a C7 and the new Mustang GT.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
You too? That was the other finalist on my list but I didn't want to make the 3 hour, one way trip to Houston to get it. If I had known that the VW dealership service department was going to annoy me as bad as they have, that 3 hour trip for the EVO would have been a cakewalk.

Oh well, live and learn!

I feel you Man!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I'd buy another loaded 4Runner if I totaled my loaded 4Runner, if the Jetta was totaled it would probably get replaced with a Rav4 or similar.

Last edited: