Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Goodyear Eagle F1

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
Guys, what do you recommend for my next tires?

Knowing that i am running now the OE Dunlop Sport Maxx 225/40 ZR18 92Y and what i care about is Treadwear, dry performance and quietness for DD

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (PS2)
Bridgestone Potenza RE760
Yokohama S Drive
Yokohama Advan
Goodyear Eagle F1

or maybe something outside this list?

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
I wouldnt get michelin's personally, because imo most of your money goes to the name. yoks or falcons are what i always end up choosing between.

nate122

Go Kart Champion
I wouldnt get michelin's personally, because imo most of your money goes to the name. yoks or falcons are what i always end up choosing between.

x2.. + the treadwear on the ps2's i believe are 220?
both s drives and falken 452's are 300. The yoko's are a bit noisy imo. Have you looked at hankook ventus v12 or general exclaims? for the price theyre quite a steal

Moses

Go Kart Champion
i only voted goodyear eagle f1 because they're scary good in the rain. i've never felt safer in my life. but 740$ for 4 tires kind of blows.

CandyWhiteTSi

Tittie Tickler
Car(s)
08.5 GTI
x2.. + the treadwear on the ps2's i believe are 220?
both s drives and falken 452's are 300. The yoko's are a bit noisy imo. Have you looked at hankook ventus v12 or general exclaims? for the price theyre quite a steal

You cannot compare tread wear ratings from diffrent companies. Tread wear ratings can only be compared to the same manufacturer. Example, a 220 rated PS2 might be comparable to Falken's 300. Don't let that be a deciding factor when buying tires. Take it into consideration, but there is no universal treadwear rating guide. I have Falken 452's... Little noisy, ok grip, good in the wet, and pretty inexpensive. We'll see how they last, and what I end up getting for my next set

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
You cannot compare tread wear ratings from diffrent companies. Tread wear ratings can only be compared to the same manufacturer. Example, a 220 rated PS2 might be comparable to Falken's 300. Don't let that be a deciding factor when buying tires. Take it into consideration, but there is no universal treadwear rating guide.

Correct, treadwear ratings differ from one company to the next and should be taken with a grain of salt. The UTQG (Uniform Tire Quality Grade) Treadwear rating is a score assigned after company testing, rather than testing conducted by an univolved independent party. Because of this, different companies may sway their treadwear rating one direction or the other, often with marketing in mind.

That said, your best bet on comparing tires would be to head over to reputable retailers such as www.tirerack.com. TireRack actually has many tests/articles/reviews/comparisons on most popular tires and is an excellent resource for general tire information.

nate122

Go Kart Champion
You cannot compare tread wear ratings from diffrent companies. Tread wear ratings can only be compared to the same manufacturer. Example, a 220 rated PS2 might be comparable to Falken's 300. Don't let that be a deciding factor when buying tires. Take it into consideration, but there is no universal treadwear rating guide. I have Falken 452's... Little noisy, ok grip, good in the wet, and pretty inexpensive. We'll see how they last, and what I end up getting for my next set

:thumbsup: ty, never knew that. and personally i've had falken 452's (completely forgot about those) I had an issue that was resolved quickly. Within the first week of purchasing them from America's tires, I found a small bubble on the sidewall of my passenger side. I went in and got them replaced free of charge of course and was told that falkens tend to get impact bubbles quickly. They were a bit noisy as Candywhite said, but the price kind of offset everything else. Dry traction was better than average and suprisingly handled pretty well in the rain compared to my yoko's

Pirate King

King of Pirates
My family just put these bad bitches on the E430. FUCKIN' SWEET DUDE! BEWARE IF YOU GOT THAT LOW STANCE THOUGH BRO!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_09566319000P?vName=Automotive&cName=Tires&sName=Light+Truck+%26+SUV+Tires&prdNo=8&UnitNumber=0006361&storeOpenDayInd=today&blockNo=8&blockType=L8

triode

Brake Late and Brake Hard
Eagle F1's

i only voted goodyear eagle f1 because they're scary good in the rain. i've never felt safer in my life. but 740$ for 4 tires kind of blows.

I have about 20,000 miles on my F1's (now discontinued I see) and yes.....SCARY GOOD in the Florida daily downpours!! Pretty quiet ans nice ride too. Not as good steering response as the Bridgestone RE-50 oem, but close. I was disapointed to seethese go.
I wonder about the Bridgestone RE -760's though I will get anothe 20,000 out of the F1's I think.