GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

DANO

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Installed megan racing springs the other day...Ftg 24.375. Also, went white with my denvers.

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
that's pretty sexy.

Dutchy

Go Kart Champion
Installed megan racing springs the other day...Ftg 14.375. Also, went white with my denvers.

14.375, now that's low :biggrin:

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
ftg?

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Lowered mine on FK Streetlines...I mean to say some friends of mine installed them for me in exchange for Raising Canes chicken.

Never had a more PITA install. Lol. Pulled the passenger side axle. Both calipers ended up coming off thanks to issues. Two trips to the hardware store...5 different size sockets for the axle nut...cracked my rain tray. All in good fun.

Looks tits though.

MKVDave

Ready to race!
Lowered mine on FK Streetlines...I mean to say some friends of mine installed them for me in exchange for Raising Canes chicken.

Never had a more PITA install. Lol. Pulled the passenger side axle. Both calipers ended up coming off thanks to issues. Two trips to the hardware store...5 different size sockets for the axle nut...cracked my rain tray. All in good fun.

Looks tits though.

I clicked on this thread because I seen your name and knew you were installing coils.
PICTARZ PLZ

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
@DANO
Do you have any other pictures of the drop?

Undecided between these and the H7R Super Sports.
Thinking Super Sports because the ride quality might be better.

My H&R super sport springs are about the same drop, though technically, they advertise 1.3-1.9" drop depending on the year (Euro springs from factory or the US spec springs that sat .6" higher. ~24.5" depending on what tire I have, but a stock GTI on Euro springs should be around 26.5 FTG. My buddy who had the super sport springs my car is on tended to drive like an idiot (jumping railroad tracks and other dumb stuff, so my theory is my springs are a little more settled than most. :lol:

You can view My Flickr hyperlink for pictures of my car.

MKVDave

Ready to race!
My H&R super sport springs are about the same drop, though technically, they advertise 1.3-1.9" drop depending on the year (Euro springs from factory or the US spec springs that sat .6" higher. ~24.5" depending on what tire I have, but a stock GTI on Euro springs should be around 26.5 FTG. My buddy who had the super sport springs my car is on tended to drive like an idiot (jumping railroad tracks and other dumb stuff, so my theory is my springs are a little more settled than most. :lol:

You can view My Flickr hyperlink for pictures of my car.

Perfect drop IMHO. Car looks great!
Thanks for the reference for pictures. I search for it all the time but sometimes the pictures dont really help.

Appreciate it! :)

Muahaahaa

nip deep in pow
@DANO
Do you have any other pictures of the drop?

Undecided between these and the H7R Super Sports.
Thinking Super Sports because the ride quality might be better.

I had Super Sports paired with Bilsteins on my old GTI, and the ride was amazing. I was right around 24.5 ftg:

Attachments

• photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 635

wacek3

Car(s)
MK5
Replaced a PURGE VALVE...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362510686.126995.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362510686.126995.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 585