GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I only have a large electric impact, which won't fit for the brake bolts :(
Team Red lured me in with their ratchets and stubby impact wrenches. Sure beats kicking the cheater bar wondering if the car's going to fall off the jack stands and crush a leg.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Team Red lured me in with their ratchets and stubby impact wrenches. Sure beats kicking the cheater bar wondering if the car's going to fall off the jack stands and crush a leg.

I have a few cordless tools of theirs. The stubby impact is on my "need to buy list".

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was able to hit the carrier bolts with my Ryobi.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It’s pretty much perfect for anything on cars like ours, don’t really need anymore power than it has.
Not to help the Acadia budget, but on sale for 190 now with charger and 2 batteries…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...4-0-and-One-2-0Ah-Batteries-2554-22/305980696

Ah fuck it.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 221811.png

I already have their full sized M18 Fuel 1/4" hex impact driver that I use all the time. Figure having a littler one around would be helpful as well.

Last edited:

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ah fuck it.

View attachment 235995

I already have their full sized M18 Fuel 1/4" hex impact driver that I use all the time. Figure having a littler one around would be helpful as well.
Yea I was gonna say may as well. Tool only is 179 for stubby, or like 160 if your really hunting, may as well get some batteries for only 10$ more.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Jon...you're gonna love them.....my M12 stuff are my fav tools

I got involved in the Milwaukee ecosystem from about 5 years ago, I got a free M18 Drill/Impact Driver kit free from Uline for spending like $10k on an order at work lol. I've since got their M12 cordless ratchet which I use frequently.

I've wanted the stubby impact for some time. This is my current one:

https://www.portercable.com/product...20v-max-12-in-cordless-impact-wrench/pcc740la

I got it on sale for like $100. Really, it's only good for taking off wheels because it's so big and bulky. The Milwaukee stubby should have similar power, while being a fraction of the size and weight.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I got involved in the Milwaukee ecosystem from about 5 years ago, I got a free M18 Drill/Impact Driver kit free from Uline for spending like $10k on an order at work lol. I've since got their M12 cordless ratchet which I use frequently.

I've wanted the stubby impact for some time. This is my current one:

https://www.portercable.com/product...20v-max-12-in-cordless-impact-wrench/pcc740la

I got it on sale for like $100. Really, it's only good for taking off wheels because it's so big and bulky. The Milwaukee stubby should have similar power, while being a fraction of the size and weight.
Ah then you've got more than me fo sho. Jake convinced me years ago to get that stubby impact......has paid off uncountless times

I need that cordless ratchet in my life

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Shit I’m half tempted to grab one too, if nothing else but to avoid this when I have to do the rear brakes this spring:
I don't remember if it was my old RX-7 or Mk5 Rabbit but it was sketchy enough that I've used a lift since then.