GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Cops gonna be waiting for you tomorrow morning 😂
Most of them already know my car. Its the new hires that give me shit.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Added some Scirocco parts
Hatch doesn’t open completely by itself but it does come out of the lock.
Wouldnt the hatch pop kit from ECS be a better bet? It fully opens the hatch.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Got my jettas windows tinted.
1678233285812.png

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
My daughter's car had that kit fitted when we bought it....IMO, a horrible invention! Was a shock on first opening after being used to my own GTI stock hatch - springs/struts are so strong the hatch pops alright....just about pops you right in the face! And its a pain in the butt to close as well, you can completely forget about shutting it with the as designed 'cool guy' method of pulling the internal recess with one hand and closing it in one go without touching the outside. Replaced with standard struts and the ECS ones went straight in the trash :D Looks like Zero815's version is a lot more civilized!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Man they put cornflower blue on everything now don't they. Next we'll get it on SUVs...oh wait.

I feel the same way about them putting Nardo Grey on everything nowadays. You can get Nardo Grey minivans ffs 🤣

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Replaced the 3” to 2.5” to 3” adapters for a straight 3” piece to connect my CTS DP to the AWE touring cbe.

From this
CC281D64-A618-4197-98A4-830731D66205.jpeg

To this
7378EBE2-9204-4B67-A889-D5B1CBA56FC8.jpeg

I could instantly tell the idle is smoother, it spools quicker, and the MPG has gone way up lol

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The good: popped on the lower engine cover, took all of ten seconds.

View attachment 274845

The not-so-good: found water in the driver side rear footwell after it rained all day yesterday. Thankfully the headliner is dry so doesn't seem roof related; my guess is a faulty speaker seal behind the door card. Gonna bring it in to warranty it some time this week before the next soaking.

View attachment 274846View attachment 274847
DIB?
I’ve seen sunroof drains cause a wet floor on other cars a few times?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Don't wait too long for IS38 swap, I am mad at myself for not doing it sooner lol. I kept debating between saving up and getting something bigger than IS38 w/supporting fueling etc, as compared to just doing an IS38. It is SO worth to get IS38. Mine feels like it wakes up on the top end where the IS20 fell off.
The torque difference from stage 1 to is38 is impressive.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
How do you like it so far? Have you found it useful?
As much as I like the hatch design of a Golf I hate how dirty it gets in fall/winter time. I have approx. 30 miles Autobahn on my daily commute each way. My cruising speed is typically 80-110mph, not so much an issue up to 60mph (but sorry no option here). On a kessy cars it's useful after a longer Autobahn drive, I can pop the trunk open w/o touching the dirty emblem. And for 20€ a no brainer for me.
I wasn't looking for fully open, just a way to really unlock it and pop it open a bit.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
peanut butter? lol

-Drove to work this morning and made the mistake of shifting right as I was even with a school bus stop. My GTI made an unusually louder than normal bang, and several kids screamed.
Ha!

Don't know if you all watch Royal Jordanian videos

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My daughter's car had that kit fitted when we bought it....IMO, a horrible invention! Was a shock on first opening after being used to my own GTI stock hatch - springs/struts are so strong the hatch pops alright....just about pops you right in the face! And its a pain in the butt to close as well, you can completely forget about shutting it with the as designed 'cool guy' method of pulling the internal recess with one hand and closing it in one go without touching the outside. Replaced with standard struts and the ECS ones went straight in the trash :D Looks like Zero815's version is a lot more civilized!
Didn't most start installing just 1 side