GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
trading in a GTI for a Jetta? Yikes, quality of parts are different. If anything, trade in GTI and get a golf to save $$
I just want something different. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I'm over putting so much time and money into my car to just have it hit in a parking lot and no note left. I care way too much about my GTI for it to be a daily driver.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Tiguan has been great to me so farā€¦ granted I get to jump in and out of the Rabbit to get the fun fix (Tiguan is not a fun driver- lol) but seeing how @wasbaggedonce never really posts about performance mods Iā€™m not sure he cares.

Also, surprisingly the Tiguan gets a lot of attention from people when itā€™s out šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Even with the nuespeed power model and a splash of e85 though itā€™s still right under what a stock gti feels like in regards to being ā€œquickā€

I wouldnā€™t say new car pricing is inflated with VW as much as itā€™s just not able to get deals off sticker price. When we got this it was either pay 32.5 for brand now or 31.5 for 1-2 year preowned same model -lol.

E2F99109-49EB-48D3-BF32-701E390ADEF6.jpeg

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Tiguan has been great to me so farā€¦ granted I get to jump in and out of the Rabbit to get the fun fix (Tiguan is not a fun driver- lol) but seeing how @wasbaggedonce never really posts about performance mods Iā€™m not sure he cares.

Also, surprisingly the Tiguan gets a lot of attention from people when itā€™s out šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Even with the nuespeed power model and a splash of e85 though itā€™s still right under what a stock gti feels like in regards to being ā€œquickā€

I wouldnā€™t say new car pricing is inflated with VW as much as itā€™s just not able to get deals off sticker price. When we got this it was either pay 32.5 for brand now or 31.5 for 1-2 year preowned same model -lol.

I've always said form > function. Low and slow.

Tiguan looks great though. What kind of suspension?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I've always said form > function. Low and slow.

Tiguan looks great though. What kind of suspension?
Raceland coilovers for the GTI/golf R.

Double edged swordā€¦ stupid comfortable for a car this low since itā€™s undersprung and dampened (for cars that are 3200-3300 lbs (fwd Tiguan is like 3700) but itā€™s also too soft for this height going 80 and hitting big dips/bumps as it rubs the fender liners easy.

The fronts are fine, for the height I like the tig at but the rear I have maxed out and still need to add 1ā€ sleeve spacers for when all 3 kids get in the car and weight it down šŸ˜‚.

But the drop is actually massive VS stock
Like I would like 5ā€ easy
0E22A23A-198F-400E-BD76-D55157A480B5.jpeg

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
God willing, tomorrow is the day. Accessport w/ EQT stage 1 is due to be delivered by the man in brown. Amazon is also delivering a battery charger and a torque wrench. Taking bets on what arrives first.

The man in brown made it first. Amazon keeps changing the delivery window later as the day goes along. Took me 20 min to get the jb4 out. Fuck it, Iā€™m flashing without a battery charger. Come at me bro.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The man in brown made it first. Amazon keeps changing the delivery window later as the day goes along. Took me 20 min to get the jb4 out. Fuck it, Iā€™m flashing without a battery charger. Come at me bro.
I wouldn't advise flashing without a battery charger especially when you first install the AP. If you brick the ECU you're screwed.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I didnā€™t use one when I installed mine but I also keep a battery tender 2a on the battery full time since I donā€™t drive it too much.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Hereā€™sa dumb question. Is there a battery powered battery tender? I live in a apt and donā€™t have access to a outdoor outlet. Iā€™ve searched online but only found jump kits.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Are you my long lost brother?