GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Put a new bag on my strut and it looks like the pressure is finally holding. Was at 82 PSI around 2pm. Checked again around 4pm and was at 81 PSI. Then again at 7pm and it was back up to 82 PSI. Now back down to 81 PSI.

I know 1 PSI over eight hours is nothing. Just annoys the hell out of me that the other three bags are holding pressure perfectly. Went on vacation for a week and the other three bags didn’t lose a single PSI in that week.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Decided to give the Chemical Guys Hydroslick Hybrid Wax a second chance. Washed the car twice with the Clean Slate, and had at at.

View attachment 219748

So. I'm very conflicted on the product. Like most CG products, it's overpriced as hell at full price of $40. I paid $18, and that's a fair price. I'm happy with the end result. It doesn't look any different than most waxes. But it definitely feels different. Definitely lives up to its name and feels slick to the touch.

However. It's a pain in the ass to apply. If you don't have a DA buffer with some microfiber pads, you're going to spend 2 hours buffing that shit by hand, and your arm will want to fall off by the time you're done.

With everything said and done, I'm not sure the end justifies the means. I'll see how it holds up over time, and how it looks after a few weeks.
Mine didn't hold up that long. That's after I did a full correction too. But for $18 I wouldn't be mad at it.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Ditched the dusty PP pads for a set of iSweep IS1500s. Flushed the fluid also and upgraded to Motul. Brake pedal feels great and there is no noise.
While I had the wheels off I applied some ceramic wax I got on sale to each corner.

Crazy amount of dust buildup on the inner pads.
C0AACF0E-7B5E-4F03-A94E-492E0B1887DC.jpeg

Bled the rear brakes and cleaned/coated the wheels.
CDEC14E0-E69E-423D-B683-738347CEA594.jpeg

Before and after cleaning and coating. These wheels are so soft, look at them wrong and you’ll nic them.
2266FB32-A9A3-46FB-AAC6-E5CF367E99A6.jpeg

BB903ECF-C273-4E6E-8D1B-3CDD32C9FF28.jpeg

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ditched the dusty PP pads for a set of iSweep IS1500s. Flushed the fluid also and upgraded to Motul. Brake pedal feels great and there is no noise.
While I had the wheels off I applied some ceramic wax I got on sale to each corner.

Crazy amount of dust buildup on the inner pads. View attachment 219813
Bled the rear brakes and cleaned/coated the wheels.
View attachment 219810

Before and after cleaning and coating. These wheels are so soft, look at them wrong and you’ll nic them.
View attachment 219808
View attachment 219806
You sir have motivated me to take the wheels off and do the same. Will clean the suspension while I am at it. Good work!

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Wanted to see what my RSe05s look like in silver before they get powdercoated. Luckily Home Depot Racing had Rust-Oleum Metallic Titanium Silver which matched my mirror caps pretty well. Unfortunately the color sprayed lighter than expected. When the wheels get refinished I'll likely go with less metallic and a shade or two darker.
View attachment 219874
That's hawt

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Drove it for the first time in over a month. It’s been up on jack stands while I figure out leaks and wait for parts but I think it’s finally good.

Still have to figure out what to do with the end links though. When I air out they keep getting caught on the frame. Gotta put the smaller nut on and trim them I guess..

Ragdude

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 VW Golf SEL TDi
How much was the battery box thru allexpress? I need one, no idea why someone would have taken that off and not replaced it...
Finally got around to removing the battery blanket and throwing on the aliexpress battery cover. I ordered it last winter, but it was way too cold to be out there messing with stuff. Today it was probably too hot to be messing around, but this was easy. I'd say it looks better now.

View attachment 219843
Ok , I found the cover, is there the surround listed somewhere?