7.5 GTI

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
We spoke about it but I did something similar. I didn’t wanna give up the versatility of the hatch so I used the 2 gallon under the floor as a primary and a 4 gallon as a supplemental tank. Pictured here with my beautiful dog Sophie who passed away this past weekend.
View attachment 214046
Sorry to hear man - that must be very difficult. Hang tough.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
We spoke about it but I did something similar. I didn’t wanna give up the versatility of the hatch so I used the 2 gallon under the floor as a primary and a 4 gallon as a supplemental tank. Pictured here with my beautiful dog Sophie who passed away this past weekend.
View attachment 214046View attachment 214047

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Did you paint the tank yourself? It looks sharp.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Sorry about Sophie. That sucks

Sorry to hear man - that must be very difficult. Hang tough.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Did you paint the tank yourself? It looks sharp.
Thank you. She was the best dog anyone could ever ask for and I don’t think I’ll ever be over her passing. I just want to celebrate knowing her from here on out.

I had the tank painted along with the other body pieces like the front bumper, side skirts and rear wing pieces. Color matched to my old car. It came out pretty great.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Thank you. She was the best dog anyone could ever ask for and I don’t think I’ll ever be over her passing. I just want to celebrate knowing her from here on out.

I had the tank painted along with the other body pieces like the front bumper, side skirts and rear wing pieces. Color matched to my old car. It came out pretty great.
You most likely never will, but with time, it will get better. Time does heal all wounds.

As heartless as this is to say, what helped me get through the grief of my old dog passing was getting a new one pretty quickly. My old boy passed in June of 2019 and in August of 2019 I had a new pup. You have lots of love in you to give, shame not to share it with another pet. My $.02... Or another woman, or both.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You most likely never will, but with time, it will get better. Time does heal all wounds.

As heartless as this is to say, what helped me get through the grief of my old dog passing was getting a new one pretty quickly. My old boy passed in June of 2019 and in August of 2019 I had a new pup. You have lots of love in you to give, shame not to share it with another pet. My $.02... Or another woman, or both.
Between the wife and I, I’m sure we’ll have another. She was both of our firsts and I brought her with me into the relationship. She taught us so much and I will be forever grateful to have known her, even as short as it was. I promised her that I would always rescue, to help a dog like her have the life they deserve.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Between the wife and I, I’m sure we’ll have another. She was both of our firsts and I brought her with me into the relationship. She taught us so much and I will be forever grateful to have known her, even as short as it was. I promised her that I would always rescue, to help a dog like her have the life they deserve.
Sorry about Sophie. I thought my dogs time was over a few months ago. That was a rough few days, but we got him turned around for now. He was a rescue from the shelter on six mile cypress, just randomly went there, grabbed one of the few dogs they had, and ended up with the perfect dog. I can't even imagine looking at shelters for another dog right now, but it's hard to imagine not having a dog too.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Do you have photos of what the bottom of the MK7.5 grill looks like so I know where the clips are at?

The "at" is superfluous.

preposition.jpg

Arrows denote tab locations. The arrows on the grill insert only show what remains of what was there, since they broke off. Those are metal tabs shown directly underneath, which are I'm guessing are for alignment purposes.

Attachments

• clips.jpg
    clips.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Rescues make the best friends. Feel better.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Maybe in AZ. I have not noticed this and my engine bay stays very clean.
It is pretty dusty here. I noticed that my engine was getting dirtier than normal between detail jobs but didn't think much of it and then I had to get a new windshield and right away the windshield guy asked where the weatherstripping was. Turns out the guy who installed my strut tower brace didn't put it back on. That place paid for new weatherstripping.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I've seen a lot of people talking about ringer racing lately. EQT carries them too.
I've got the RSR running with IS38 on E48 which is... fairly strong. It's been a month at that power and a year/8k miles stage 2 before that, but it's held through all shenanigans...so far. If and when it does go, ill probably go with ringer. Heard good things.

The other option if it makes it another year+ is just put the car back to stock turbo and power, and sell it and go golf R.

Last edited: