GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What causes this?

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
well, its my turn now, it seems my tsi is acting up a bit, and want to know what yall think vice what i think.

issue: ill stomp on it in second gear and it will build boost fine, actually more boost then i have ever built, spikes at like 21-~22. which for an apr stg 2 tsi, is a lil more then normal. normal is spike at about 19 MAYBE 20, and hold at 17-18lbs. now my problem is i will build boost, like i said 20+lbs then it shoots to 5-10ish, ok cool since it happens at around 5k rpm, then i change gears, and idk wtf happens but it slooooowly builds to 5 and if i stay with it it eventually builds to 10lbs. I get off the gas, change it to 4th or 5th or w/e and i will build and hold normally...sometimes. another thing i noticed is that my needle bounces around a bit before it holds boost. and during those times of slow build, shit is slow, no go what so ever. I have had this issue after i ran that torco shit and tried to run my apr 100 file, i have already changed my spark plugs, but what else could it be? i havent checked the dv or anything, hooked it up to vagcom and it hasnt thrown any soft codes or nothing. logs will be comming saturday, but like i said its sporatic, so if it doesnt do it, im hopin the logs will show something..abnormal...

another thing to note is i really cant replicate this in stock mode, it boosts normal and i dont have a loss in power. i have already unplugged the battery for about 20 min er so to try and reset but no fixes there...

:help:

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
guess my issue was not related to my fail of running the 100 oct map, my catch can drain bolt was wide open, LOL

logged today and i was all good.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
LOL it was because of a fully opened catch can, hahaha

cars is runnin like a champ again..
guess there was a leak afterall, but not a boost leak.