GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are ECS mounts and why are they good?

raydub

Ready to race!
total rookie question, i know. just wondering what these things are, what they do, and why are they better than the stock ones i assume i already have.

i did google and it talks about transmission stuff that made no sense to me. can somebody let me know in plain english? thnx!

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I have the ECS dogbone insert. It doesnt replace anything it just fills the gap. It cuts back on tranny movement and at WOT it makes shifting easier. Once chipped I found the wheel hop and movement in engine to have increased. This seemed to help and was a cheap fix. Hope this helps.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
I have the ECS dogbone insert. It doesnt replace anything it just fills the gap. It cuts back on tranny movement and at WOT it makes shifting easier. Once chipped I found the wheel hop and movement in engine to have increased. This seemed to help and was a cheap fix. Hope this helps.

It's funny, I'm looking at the mount at this very moment. What's your opinion on increased vibration/shaking at idle since you installed it?

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
No matter which mount you exchange, if you install a stiffer mount, the vibrations and movement of the motor are going to be transferred through the frame and into the car. Most people do not realize this and think that the mounts are supposed to reduce this. Quite the contrary, it is magnified. You have to know that replacing your stock motor/tranny mounts will allow more of the torque to be transferred to the ground, but the car will respond quicker as well.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Right ^^...I was trying to get a feeling for just HOW much more vibration he's experiencing at idle since the install. I did order it, I talked with a rep from ESC and he seemed straight forward in his assessment. It's not a urethane insert, so while I realize it will increase idle vibration a bit, not nearly as bad as some cars I've been in which have urethane inserts. Worse case if I figure if it's too much for me, I can always take it out.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Vibes aren't bad at all with this insert. Only noticeable difference from stock is when I put the car in reverse. With the a/c on at idle you'll get a tiny bit more than stock but totally daily drivable; passengers won't be able to tell a difference at all.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
It's funny, I'm looking at the mount at this very moment. What's your opinion on increased vibration/shaking at idle since you installed it?

There is some vibration but hardly noticable. First day 1 was thought it would bother me and few days later forgot all about it. Vib wont be an issue.

Last edited:

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
There is some vibration but hardly noticable. First day 1 was thought it would bother me and few days later forgot all about it. Vib wont be an issue.

Thanks! :thumbsup: