GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what annoying sound is it.....

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
when i first open my door to get in the car. it sounds like...an electric seat motor and it only last for like 2 seconds. i didnt notice it for the last 6 months and now its starting to bug me for some reason. anybody else hear this?

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
when i first open my door to get in the car. it sounds like...an electric seat motor and it only last for like 2 seconds. i didnt notice it for the last 6 months and now its starting to bug me for some reason. anybody else hear this?

This happens when you open the door, or put the key in the ignition?

shmeeg

monkey with a hand cannon
Car(s)
07 RS GTI
yeah i saw some other threads about it when the key was turned thats why i thought it might be something different. whatev, i know its not a problem. maybe its kittenz behind the dashboard.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
fuel pump. its all good. happens when you open the door.

The fuel pump primes when you open the door? That doesn't make any sense at all.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
someone's jealous that his neon doesn't come with that.

=X

Nah, mine primes when the key goes in the ignition, not when I run out to my car to grab my sunglasses. Wonder why GTI's have so many fuel pump issues?

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Nah, mine primes when the key goes in the ignition, not when I run out to my car to grab my sunglasses.

It primes when you open the door because of our FSI system (and the associated high pressures).
If it primed when you put the key in I don't know if it would have time to let pressure build before you turned the key.

bcze1

You people make me laugh
It primes when you open the door because of our FSI system (and the associated high pressures).
If it primed when you put the key in I don't know if it would have time to let pressure build before you turned the key.

Exactly, its the high pressure fuel pump that primes early, which is unique to fsi and diesels. The low pressure pump, like found in most cars, does it when key goes in.

Kjyuan

blinded conserving racer
oooh interesting information. i never really cared too much for the sound just knew it was there. xP