Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Getting a mount for the 17 GTI.
Cheers Rick
(Iphone10 regular)

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
If you really must mount a phone, get a pitaka case, along with a pitaka mount. thin, attach to a vent and completely reversible. TBH i don't bother with a mount not since iOS11, just plug it in using a cable and tuck it away in the little cubby and use CarPlay.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
If you really must mount a phone, get a pitaka case, along with a pitaka mount. thin, attach to a vent and completely reversible. TBH i don't bother with a mount not since iOS11, just plug it in using a cable and tuck it away in the little cubby and use CarPlay.

Would have been perfect if their mounts worked with the phone case they sell for the s9. At least for me.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Would have been perfect if their mounts worked with the phone case they sell for the s9. At least for me.

My son has an S8, which is pretty identical to an S9, and he has a pitaka case, which he used without issue on my pitaka mount, actually its even better as the device is considerably lighter than an iPhone.

The magnet is integrated into the Aramid case material, and matches perfectly the mount. Except you'd never ever know, its so wafer thin.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
My son has an S8, which is pretty identical to an S9, and he has a pitaka case, which he used without issue on my pitaka mount, actually its even better as the device is considerably lighter than an iPhone.

The magnet is integrated into the Aramid case material, and matches perfectly the mount. Except you'd never ever know, its so wafer thin.

It literally says "does not work with Galaxy s9"

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
https://www.d-docks.com/

For both my wife and myself in our GTI's.

I love that I can access everything I need through carplay and not have to handle the phone while driving.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17150

not trying to be that guy but big thread here ^^ including the one I have

^ this. Please search first.

Having said that I specifically got a 2016 so I didn't have to have a tacky mount.

I did D-Docks:

[/IMG]

cb1111

^ this. Please search first.

Having said that I specifically got a 2016 so I didn't have to have a tacky mount.

I did D-Docks:

[/IMG]

+1 for the D-Dock, but if you want to see your phone, then I'm a great fan of proclipusa mounts. They attach to the car with no tools, are fully reversible with no damage to the car and - if you buy the adjustable phone holder - can be used for various phones and different cases.

I buy the car specific mount and just remove the phone holder when I sell the car. With the adjustable holder, you can use the same part when you change phones. The best part is it doesn't look adjustable and appears almost OE.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Wow the attached thread is awesome. Many apologies for my lameness

Last edited: