GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went to VW and left with 2 cars

jwcardy

Well, I didnt notice a "New Member" section so I assume this is as good a place as any to introduce myself. My wife has been wanting a new Beetle for a while now, so for her birthday I wanted to surprise her with one. I personally have never owned a newer Volkswagen but I have always like the GTI. After working out a deal on a 2012 Reflex Silver Beetle for my wife, I decided I couldn't leave without the 2010 gti they had on the lot. I have to say that I love this car. I picked it up for a daily so what ever I do to it will be subtle. The Beetle is a different story.

Thanks guys
-Wes

Here are a couple of pics after washing both the new cars for size comparrison. The new Beetle is a lot bigger than the past models.

I know this is a golfmk6 forums but I thought you might like to see the plans for the Beetle. Plans are to have it on air by Omaha's Ice Cream Cruise, one of the largest cruises in the midwest. Right now there are only coilovers made specifically for the new Beetle with the 2.5liter so we are working with bagriders.com to come up with a setup for them. The rear bag setup will arrive tomorrow for test fitment. Stay posted for more pics! Here is what we plan on doing.

Also wanted to share our fun car....

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word, congrats and welcome

munkey

Ready to race!
Nice! I just sold a 2010 GTI to pick up an AP2 s2k.

what mods are on the S2k? Looks like a turbo kit at least.

And the GTI will please you much more with a stage 1 reflash and an intake at least. Minimal cost, highly reliable still, and makes the car so much better!

jwcardy

word, congrats and welcome

Thanks man!
Nice! I just sold a 2010 GTI to pick up an AP2 s2k.

what mods are on the S2k? Looks like a turbo kit at least.

And the GTI will please you much more with a stage 1 reflash and an intake at least. Minimal cost, highly reliable still, and makes the car so much better!

s2k mod list is too long to post lol...but it has an inline pro built long block, aem ems, lovefabb 35r turbo kit, 300z rear diff conversion, fuel cell...blah blah blah...

yea, i plan to do simple bolt ons to the gti

i did the same thing. went to get my girl a GTI and we left with two. traded in a 09 tc. IMO that beetle doesnt look good slammed that hard...

That is just a photochop...not really sure how low we can get the new beetle yet. We shall see. That will not be ride height of course. I think it looks sic and so does my wife, and lets face it, if she wants it that way im going to do it haha.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I LOVE the new Beetle....so hot. ;)
Congrats on both purchases!

munkey

Ready to race!
Nice mods on the S! Mine is a daily and since its new to me I'm having a blast driving it and learning the limits with the stock power.

Once I can pay it off and hopefully afford a separate daily, I will most likely turbo it. Ptuning (and inlinepro actually) are both local to me and both have great turbo kits out. I test drove a turbo s2k while I was car shopping and holy crap! Incredible car with the extra power.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Congrats :D Big projects are on the horizon for you :D