GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waterfest autox in rabbit

Thisbunnyroars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 gti
So I did the waterfest autocross school on saturday and the autox on sunday. My stock rabbit(-wheels/tires) kept up(or beat) with most of the GTI's at the school! Out of the 12 or so cars, my car ran the third fastest time and there were many mk4 and mk5 gti's and gli jettas. I just wanted to say that the rabbit held it's own on the track and I had a blast. I was very impressed at what this car can do especially bacause it cost about $9000 less than the gti's lol. Rabbit FTW!

Mango

Gym Rat
Car(s)
07' GTI, 07' SRT8
Hey there,

What time did you do the school? Were you at the Saturday Morning AutoX school in the white rabbit with votex?

Thisbunnyroars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 gti
My tires are the summer continentals that come on huffs(don't hate, they just look so good). My suspension is still stock and rides like a 4x4. My teacher ran a 39.7 and I ran a 41. I was in the afternoon class. I think the gti drivers were just mad that that a "slow" rabbit beat them.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
awesome good job make us rabbit owners proud! but still gotta have some love for our gti brothers.

Thisbunnyroars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 gti
awesome good job make us rabbit owners proud! but still gotta have some love for our gti brothers.

lol I pretended to make a WHOOOOSHHHH sound when I shifted.

I really think that autocrossing tests true car/driver abilities(btw i'm 16! bahahaha).

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
lol make a huge whooosh sound with a PA system that would be awesome haha. But o yeah autoxing really does shows how much the driver understands their car but nice 16 i wish i had a car at 16 your lucky.

Thisbunnyroars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 gti
So I don't sound spoiled, I worked for 2 summers for it. And it's my second car (first was paid in full by me). I recomend autocrossing to anyone tho it was a great experience.

Hey man. I saw you at the auto-x event today (sunday), you were getting around the course pretty well. I was one of 2 United Grey Mkv's running today we both had the bras on our car. I was the kid in the car with the asa rims. It was definately a fun time out there today.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
thing what a fast time you would have gotten if you were in a GTI!!! :biggrin:

Thisbunnyroars

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 gti
Thanks everyone....I asked the instructor what times the gti's were getting, and he said they were getting about the same times and I was so suprised. I really thought that they would eat me alive, but hey, go rabbit.:thumbup: I think that I am going to be racing more locally though. Do you guys ever feel bad about beating on your cars like this? One time I tried to downshift and I screwed up and heard gears grind :eyebulge: and I felt really bad. What do you guys think? Autox is just so dam fun!

Jakup

Passed Driver's Ed
Of course the Rabbit will put down similar times at auto-cross. It's the same chassis and weighs a little less. The GTI has the advantage in power and features, both of which do very little for auto-cross times.
Similarly, a slightly modified Miata would destroy a Ferrari Enzo on an auto-cross track.
Not trying to discourage, just saying that it shouldn't be a shocker that the Rabbit and GTI are about equal on the auto-cross.

I have autocrossed three times in the GTI, including Waterfest. All I notice is of course the tire wear you will get that "used" look in the rubber and u will notice wear on the sides of the tire. As far as autocross abusing the car all that it is really doing is wearing down the tires and break pads quicker then normal, the car should be able to handle the motor use. In the end I think the fun justifies the two things affected.