GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water in the footwell

Terryc

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 TSI ESTATE
Notice the last few days windows steaming up!! Even after light rain, lots of water on the inside door frame drivers door!! Noticed quiet a bit of water went into the footwell as well?? Not losing any fluids from engine. must be coming from the door/frame.
But what rubber to check first?? The main rubber in the door frame looks ok ?? Any ideas on how to proceed?? Cheers. Terry

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Speakers in doors..the foam seal between the speaker & the door ages & fails....

Remove door card, & drill out the 4 rivets...remove old foam. You can just seal up with a good car body sealant like Upol Tiger seal, & re-rivet....

I would advise also checking the front door arrestors & replacing or cleaning & modifying the boots as they hold water & rust the mechanism..I did some short posts in the past few weeks on my build thread....link in my signature..

Terryc

Car(s)
GOLF MK7 TSI ESTATE
Speakers in doors..the foam seal between the speaker & the door ages & fails....

Remove door card, & drill out the 4 rivets...remove old foam. You can just seal up with a good car body sealant like Upol Tiger seal, & re-rivet....

I would advise also checking the front door arrestors & replacing or cleaning & modifying the boots as they hold water & rust the mechanism..I did some short posts in the past few weeks on my build thread....link in my signature..
Golfdave. Appreciate your help. Thank you.