GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washer Fluid

errorini

Oval Newbie
I have a Black Magic paint, and everytime i use the headlamp/windshield/readwindow washers, the fluids gets all over the place and when it dries I basically need to get a car wash because of how noticable it is. My rearwindow is the worst, the whole back hatch is covered in foam and I only turn it on for a split second.

So, i'm wondering if there is some special fluids out there that dry up clear? If not, I guess i'll avoid using them.

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
errorini said:
I have a Black Magic paint, and everytime i use the headlamp/windshield/readwindow washers, the fluids gets all over the place and when it dries I basically need to get a car wash because of how noticable it is. My rearwindow is the worst, the whole back hatch is covered in foam and I only turn it on for a split second.

So, i'm wondering if there is some special fluids out there that dry up clear? If not, I guess i'll avoid using them.

turn your headlights off, use the windshield washer, then turn your headlights on, pressto! no washer fluid all over your car!:thumbup:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
GTI lover all over again said:
turn your headlights off, use the windshield washer, then turn your headlights on, pressto! no washer fluid all over your car!:thumbup:

I think he is actually talking about the front and rear windshield as well. I have United Gray and it's the same thing. The rear is the worst, whenever I use the windshield washer, it get's streaks all the way down the hatch. Best thing to do is use it on the freeway where the water fly's off. I haven't heard of any fluid that is clear (mostly blue, pink and green) You could do half fluid/half water, that might help.

:headbang:

Prestone makes a light yellow fluid, that's what i put in cause i didnt want light blue water marks on my CW.i figured the light yellow would show less than the blue although i do try to use the washer fluid as little as possible, but i know sometimes its just neccessary.
i'm pretty sure i saw at the dealership that they sold clear washer fluid, it was in a bottle that might have been a liter or quart... and i don't know what the cost was though.