GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Was your car delivered on time?

ACgolf

Formula One Champion
So... I have been on this forum since January... At that time, my order for my fully loaded GTI in Red, with the 18" wheel options was placed... The arrival date of my GTI is June 12th, 2006. Almost 4 full months of waiting now, and i am SICK of it... This sucks... So I was just wondering, did your car come on time or did it come in earlier than expected? Maybe even late? If it came in earlier, how much earlier was it? BTW i am located in Vancouver BC.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I really sorry to hear!

Im in Michigan, and my dealer drove to Wisconsin the day after my first dealership visit to flatbed my gti back. The whole process took 3 days, and it was the exact car I was looking for. I guess I got a bit lucky.

Hope everything speeds up for you!

Azn_Esprit

Oval Champion
Fux no! First they said August. Then another dealership said March sth. Then changed it to mid-May. Afterwards, my first dealership says end of April. I called them yesterday, and they are saying May 8th now. I put down deposits at 2 dealerships, and dunno wat to do now -_-"
I WANT MY CAR~~!!!!!!:mad:

jhayregz

Touring Car Champion
Well I went and bought the showroom GTI....nice and undriven, but too bad alot of people sat their asses in the seats.
Before it got sold there were several hot blondes sitting in it, tits so big that they were on the steering wheel lol, that was great.

Azn_Esprit

Oval Champion
jhayregz said:
Well I went and bought the showroom GTI....nice and undriven, but too bad alot of people sat their asses in the seats.
Before it got sold there were several hot blondes sitting in it, tits so big that they were on the steering wheel lol, that was great.

:drool:

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
My @%$@ dealer still hasn't given me a date.

I placed my order Monday, and he made me believe that I would have it by week's end because there were a few available in my spec. I even gave him a choice of two colours (UG and BM).

But still no news.

I know they're really hard to get one's hands on, but... it's SO painful to wait for it :cry:

Anyone in Montreal waiting for theirs?

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
The big hold up may be your 18's. My dealer is waiting for his personal 4 door with 18's and he didn't expect to see them until late summer (august maybe?).

That being said, mine was supposed to show up early may, maybe last week of april and I have been drivng it for six weeks now.

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting, but if your dealer told you it would be available with 18's any earlier, they would be lying. Maybe you might consider 17's and be driving?

BTW, I ordered mine boxing day, so I still had to wait three months, but the wait was worth it.

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
Still not the slightest idea!

I placed my order mast monday, so 8 days ago.
It's for a manual, cloth seats, sunroof, stock 17s.
Black Magic or United Grey - whatever they find first.

My dealer told me on Friday that they're still waiting for call-backs from other dealers to see if I can get it soon. Otherwise, maybe we'll have to have one shipped in. :mad:

Is it normal that I still have no news? Not even a vague idea of delivery!?!

I may be paranoid, but I'm worried that they're not taking due care of this, or letting others pass first, or whatever. Sounds ridiculous, I know - but the waiting without knowing is real agony! I'm torn between calling every day and giving them some slack to keep them on my side :frown:

They told me that they would have one shipped from wherever they found one in Canada. I'm wondering if, from the dealer's point of view, it's not cheaper to just order one from Germany for two months from now (and not have to trade with another dealer) rather than trailer one in from Nova Scotia tomorrow. I hope they don't make me wait two months when there's a perfectly good one available in Canada!

Sory - I know I'm blabbering - but needed the therapeutic venting! :biggrin:

I guess I'll just keep pouncing on the phone every time it rings hoping it's the dealer telling me to come pick it up in one hours :cry:

Azn_Esprit

Oval Champion
mouch said:
I placed my order mast monday, so 8 days ago.
It's for a manual, cloth seats, sunroof, stock 17s.
Black Magic or United Grey - whatever they find first.

My dealer told me on Friday that they're still waiting for call-backs from other dealers to see if I can get it soon. Otherwise, maybe we'll have to have one shipped in. :mad:

Is it normal that I still have no news? Not even a vague idea of delivery!?!

I may be paranoid, but I'm worried that they're not taking due care of this, or letting others pass first, or whatever. Sounds ridiculous, I know - but the waiting without knowing is real agony! I'm torn between calling every day and giving them some slack to keep them on my side :frown:

They told me that they would have one shipped from wherever they found one in Canada. I'm wondering if, from the dealer's point of view, it's not cheaper to just order one from Germany for two months from now (and not have to trade with another dealer) rather than trailer one in from Nova Scotia tomorrow. I hope they don't make me wait two months when there's a perfectly good one available in Canada!

Sory - I know I'm blabbering - but needed the therapeutic venting! :biggrin:

I guess I'll just keep pouncing on the phone every time it rings hoping it's the dealer telling me to come pick it up in one hours :cry:

I had the same feeling u have man. When placed my order in Feb, they werent sure when they could get me one. At first the guy said around May or June, then calls me a few days after and says August -_-. So I go to another dealership and the guy there says he might be able to trade their black gti for a white 1 at another dealership. But turns out that 1 had already been taken. Now they guy tells me its already here and i can pick her up on the weekend. So it seems very random, since they bring like 1 over ever 2 weeks or so. Also, 1 dealership kept in constant contact with me, while I barely hear from the other, so I ended up buying it from the better 1 ;)

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
It depends on what the dealer already has on the way. When I went in to my dealer back in December, he tried to change teh colour on one he had already ordered. It was too far along the order process, so he had to initiate a new order for mine. If your dealer has already sold the units it initially ordered, they will have to order one and it could take a few months. That's why they will try to find one at another dealer if they can.

This is when it starts to get tricky, they may trade one for one or ask for specifics beyond that. As far as I know, they can make what ever deal they want/need to move the cars between dealers. If there is a dealer that has one, they are not obligated to give it to your dealer.

My dealer also explained that VW is trying to make this a "pull" situation as opposed to a "push" situation for their company. By this I mean that instead of making their cars and "pushing" them down the line to the dealer and then the consumer (basically forcing them down the line) VW is waiting for their customers to "pull" their cars down the line. This means they are trying to have a demand before they produce a car. They are doing this to tie up as little in capitol and product as possible. Think along the lines of how so many companies have adopted just in time production schedules.

If you only have a two month wait for yours, you are doing well. I had a three month wait, but boy am I happy I did wait.