GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Was in an accident

bigluelok

Passed Driver's Ed
Got rear ended the other day. and i have no idea what the process is. Do i call my insurance company or there insurance? what is the process? i have never had to deal with this before so the more help the better.

my poor baby

her car

Duster117

Ready to race!
call their insurance!!!!
they will most likely want you to go get a quote at a repair shop.
then they will ether pay the shop or you.
the 2 times i was rear ended, i got paid.

karls.gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTi
Hopefully there was a police report filed on the scene. If not then you're pretty much counting on them to call their insurance and open a claim. After they open it then you can call in and have their insurance schedule you to get the car looked over. After you get the car looked over by their people then you can either have them fix it where they want to or ask them for the check and you can go wild and do your own thing.

If there was no police report filed then it can be tough to 'force' their insurance to own up and get the process moving, I know since I recently got burned on this deal.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Duster117

Ready to race!
Hopefully there was a police report filed on the scene. If not then you're pretty much counting on them to call their insurance and open a claim. After they open it then you can call in and have their insurance schedule you to get the car looked over. After you get the car looked over by their people then you can either have them fix it where they want to or ask them for the check and you can go wild and do your own thing.

If there was no police report filed then it can be tough to 'force' their insurance to own up and get the process moving, I know since I recently got burned on this deal.

^^THIS!! police should have been called! i hope you did!

Duster117

Ready to race!
i made sure the police were called i made it a point to get a report. because I've read that people have gotten screwed with out them.
:thumbsup:

its also the law! i believe its considered hit and run if they are not called.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
If you have a police report, other drivers insurance info and insurance for yourself you will be fine. I'd start by contacting your agent telling them you were in an accident and they will guide you from there. It will most likely be a long frustrating process but if you have a reputably insurance company it will all work out.

karls.gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTi
With the advice from Nitrorea in mind, do NOT file through your insurance with the other person's insurance promising to pay you back. It's a hit on your record even if they reimburse you the $$$.

I always go to their insurance first since your own insurance has no bearing on the situation and they won't be paying for anything or adjusting your rates up for the accident.

Duster117

Ready to race!
With the advice from Nitrorea in mind, do NOT file through your insurance with the other person's insurance promising to pay you back. It's a hit on your record even if they reimburse you the $$$.

I always go to their insurance first since your own insurance has no bearing on the situation and they won't be paying for anything or adjusting your rates up for the accident.

^THIS

i would never call my ins, unless its my fault.

karls.gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
09 GTi
I've never had any reason to go get other quotes. Typically the way it works is if some other damage is discovered after the initial payment/ repair is made/ done then their insurance company will have the adjuster review what you're asking for.

It's double work for them and more expensive, but I've found the adjusters to be quite thorough in my experiences.

bigluelok

Passed Driver's Ed
So earlier this week both insurance adjusters came out. There adjuster said it was about 4500 in damage. My insurance adjuster hasn't gotten back to me. There insurance just sent me a check fpr 4466.75 now my questipn is do I accept this check or wait untill I get my insurance quote?.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
So earlier this week both insurance adjusters came out. There adjuster said it was about 4500 in damage. My insurance adjuster hasn't gotten back to me. There insurance just sent me a check fpr 4466.75 now my questipn is do I accept this check or wait untill I get my insurance quote?.

Get a quote from the body shop you want to fix the damage. If they tell you $4466.75 will cover it than take the check.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Your car doesn't look bad at all? I would think $4k would go a long way, especially if you know anybody in autobody.

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
Ya man you can definitely get your car fixed up and looking 100% for less than $4500.00 if you go to the right people and get the right parts