GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050/WD6010/WD6150/WS6530????

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
So I just recently stumbled across these RNS510 replicas and am overwhelmed with info....

Their respective threads are hundreds of pages long and I need some cliffs notes!

-Will any of them work with Sat Radio? (Sirius)

-Any notable differences between the models? I assume the WS6530 is a different company altogether?

-How do the operating systems compare to OEM? I want a slick interface...

-Any widespread issues with any certain models?

Thanks for ANY help... I know virtually nothing about satnav and such :frown:

Graymalkin2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 RS GTI 5-Door
I cannot speak to the other models, but I have a WS6530.

To answer your question, it does not work with Sat radio. It's also a bit of a POS as well.

Common issues are poor radio reception, garbled screen images during cold weather (gets better, but it takes up to 40 minutes), so-so bluetooth sound, and other niggles.

Personally, I use the iPod interface most of the time, and find that it starts to garble to songs after 20 minutes of use. I have to switch the unit off (not just change sources) for a few minutes for it to clear. The TV function is useless, since it does not receive digital signals. My unit occasionally forgets that it has a GPS antenna, and sometimes shows me roaming through a random field in the middle of the US. After a while, it comes back and works properly. I have the screen garble issue when its less than 40 degrees outside. Radio reception on mine is fine, but the sound quality is horrendous - full of static. DVD movies work fine, but the audio doesn't get loud enough to overcome road noise and sticky summer tires at speed.

I know the official thread is filled with upset posts about features being promised and not delivered, people getting cheated out of the $xxx they spent, which means most people harbor a grudge against the unit. But the honest truth is, its a pretty bad head unit.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
That sucks to hear. I've been reading that people are pretty happy with the Waywell units though...